$600~$800 Budget Gaming Pc

joseph0510

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Approximate Purchase Date: This Month

Budget Range: $600~$800

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming (mostly mmo and some fps like lol, sc2, and bf3/4

Are you buying a monitor: no

Do you need to buy OS: no

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Amazon (with amazon prime)

Parts Preferences: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050

Additional Comments: I was at first going to build a pc with these components: gtx 760, fx 6300, AM3+ AMD 970, Crucial Ballistix sports 8gb, Corsair CX 600 Watts, 1 TB Hdd, and Asus 24x DVD-RW. However, I wasn't sure if this was a cost efficient and effective gaming setup, so I made this thread.

Looks OK for a budget build, should run everything just fine at your res.
Just a few ideas:
Try for a 8 core CPU, plenty of new games take advantage of quads and if BF 4 is pointing the way, we'll soon see more titles that can use the extra horsepower.
Add an aftermarket CPU cooler, the stock device does the job but can be noisy under sustained load: Current favourite is the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo but plenty of companies also make quite cheap alternatives.
Use 2x4Gb memory, the faster the better.
Graphics prices are moving at a great pace ATM and there is some great deals out there, particularly on the 'old' AMD 7xxx cards.
If you have a spare Nvidia card, consider an SLI/CF capable MB so you can use the spare as a dedicated PhysX card.

thats a pretty decent build but i agree with coozie7, try and find a 8 core CPU.

The 8120 and 8320 use different cores (Zambezi and Vishera), the 8120 is not a efficient as the 8320 and has a lower out-of-the-box speed.
Both CPUs are fairly easy to overclock and the 212 Evo is good enough to allow moderate overclocking so you could get the 8120 and overclock when you feel confident enough to do so-it should be able to reach the 8320 performance without too much trouble.
OR you could get the 8320 hold the overclock-effectively using the overclocking potential as a free upgrade for later (a strategy I used when I built my now several years old i5 rig-it works very nicely BTW).
You'll be hard pressed to find a better cooled enclosure for that price.
Few pointers on the case:
Front and side fans IN, rear and top OUT.
Any fans IN should be filtered.
Have more IN than OUT-it keeps dust and animal fur out of the case and heatsinks.
If you don't use the top fans, cover their vents, again, to prevent dust ingress.