560 gtx GPU cooler suggestions and tips

grifinas

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hello, i'm thinking about changing my GPU's cooler.
I have Nvidia 560 gtx with stock cooler, it's not performing very well, however i have never bought a GPU cooler before and have no idea what to look for, so i was hoping to get some help.
I was thinking of getting this
ARCTIC Accelero TT II

would it fit? is it an overkill? not enough power?
my stock cooler goes up to 3600 RPM, but this one has 2 going at 2000 RPM

anyways, my prefered budget limit is 40$, preferably a little less.
Please post suggestions of other coolers aswel as general tips about this.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
You shouldn't need an aftermarket cooler unless you are doing some heavy overclocking of that card. If your problem is too high of temps, you probably just need to clean off the old thermal paste and replace it with fresh. The stuff gets dried out after awhile and doesn't transfer heat as it should.
I have 2 x GTX 660 OC cards in my rig and never have a temp problem.

mrclownface

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2009

I have a GTX560 ti,it can pretty hot at times,but i set up another coolermaster 120mm fan inside my case so it pushes more cool air towards the GPU that is coming in from the front of the case,and i always run MSI afterburner so i can increase the speed of the GPU fans to lower the overall temps,works for me,cheap too,1x120mm fan $15

grifinas

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012

been there done that, didn't work, i've been using MSI since day 1.
And the reason i want a new cooler is current one doesn't always scale properly.
Sometimes the speed get's stuck at 30% and a restart is needed, besides this cooler has never performed well, when i bought the PC temps would go up to 85C, which isn't too bad, but now they reach 100, guess i'll try to change the paste, but if that doesn't work...