Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Please help suggest parts for a cheap Intel Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 9, 2013 7:10:23 PM

Hello experts,

I need your comments and suggestions on the parts I will need for a quality budget Intel build. I would like the overall cost to be less than 500 USD. I have no parts that I can reuse, so i will be building from scratch.

I will mostly be using it to surf the web and play videos, but I might use it for some virtual machines.

Will it be possible to buy all of the parts and a Windows 8 Pro license as well?

Thanks
November 9, 2013 7:14:31 PM

How many VMs? How much GB of RAM do you require for those VMs? Also, any gaming?
November 9, 2013 7:17:47 PM

ksham said:
How many VMs? How much GB of RAM do you require for those VMs? Also, any gaming?


I will probably only run 1 VM at once, and 512 mb to 1 gb should be fine for ram. I don't play any games either.
Related resources

Best solution

November 9, 2013 7:50:52 PM
Share

Definitely tough to fit an OS and everything else for under $500. Best I got is this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.92 @ Amazon)
Total: $503.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
November 10, 2013 7:13:25 AM

ksham said:
Definitely tough to fit an OS and everything else for under $500. Best I got is this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.92 @ Amazon)
Total: $503.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)


Thanks for your contribution.
November 10, 2013 11:36:50 AM

King9399 said:
ksham said:
Definitely tough to fit an OS and everything else for under $500. Best I got is this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS95 DVD/CD Writer ($15.00 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.92 @ Amazon)
Total: $503.86
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)


Thanks for your contribution.


Just note that this isn't an Intel build like you asked; it is an AMD build.
!