Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Building new gaming rig using old PSU

Tags:
  • Systems
  • Thermaltake
Last response: in Systems
Share
November 10, 2013 4:29:38 AM

Hi guys, i need help before i buy things i need for my rig... i have this Thermaltake Litepower 600w from my previous rig and i was wondering if will be alright to use it again on my new rig... here's are the list what im going to buy

Processor - AMD Vishera FX-6300 3.50GHz (4.10GHz Turbo) 6-Core or AMD Vishera FX-8320 Black Edition 3.50GHz 8-Core
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
RAM - Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1x8gb ddr3 1600 CL9 CMZ8GX3M1A1600C9
Video card - Sapphire R9-270X Dual-X OC 2GB DDR5 256bit Boost Full
HDD - Internal Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB, 64mb, WD10EZRX (SATA 6 Gb/s)

by the way i dont do overclocking :) 

More about : building gaming rig psu

November 10, 2013 4:56:58 AM

how old is your PSU? 600W should be fine for your build, but you would be better off with a PSU from a higher quality manufacturer such as Seasonic, XFX, Corsair (except their CX series) or Antec.
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 4:59:40 AM

Yes your old psu would do fine.

About the ram,i would take 2x4gb of ram,you would still have the opportunity to upgrade later on.

If that hdd is for your os i suggest getting a 7200rpm disc like the Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003, 1TB.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 10, 2013 5:56:18 AM

animal said:
how old is your PSU? 600W should be fine for your build, but you would be better off with a PSU from a higher quality manufacturer such as Seasonic, XFX, Corsair (except their CX series) or Antec.


going 3yrs on next month :)  , well... i cant afford buying another PSU since im already on budget :( , maybe or probably next month or next next month, anyway thanks for the help :) 
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 5:58:31 AM

Vic 40 said:
Yes your old psu would do fine.

About the ram,i would take 2x4gb of ram,you would still have the opportunity to upgrade later on.

If that hdd is for your os i suggest getting a 7200rpm disc like the Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST1000DM003, 1TB.


hhhmmm.. why is that? are the 2x4gb and 1x8gb same? and bout the hdd, yes i will consider buying that instead the only i pick, thanks also :) 

m
0
l

Best solution

November 10, 2013 7:48:41 AM

stepcross36 said:


hhhmmm.. why is that? are the 2x4gb and 1x8gb same?


Yes that's the same amount of ram just dualchannel,1x8 is singlechannel and 2x4 is dualchannel but still the same amount of ram.

If a motherboard has 4 ramslots i always think it's a good thing to go for dualchannel,how small the extra speed may be.You will still have the option to upgrade then and it shouldn't cost that much extra money wise.
Share
!