Solved

HDD LED never turn off...

I can see a red light (HDD light ) always on .... but my PC is fine.... so what is the problem ? sensor error ?
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hdd led turn
  1. has this happened ever since you bought the computer? and if so where did you buy it from? if it has always happened the builder may have got the wiring wrong.
  2. jwk3 said:
    has this happened ever since you bought the computer? and if so where did you buy it from? if it has always happened the builder may have got the wiring wrong.


    it happened after i re plug all my pc component, including HDD led...
  3. Wyrus said:

    it happened after i re plug all my pc component, including HDD led...


    It sounds to me like you've wired the headers wrong. I did that once and accidentally had the power LED flash whenever there was disk activity!
  4. jwk3 said:

    It sounds to me like you've wired the headers wrong. I did that once and accidentally had the power LED flash whenever there was disk activity!


    Do you mean i plug the + and - wrong ?
  5. Best answer
    Wyrus said:

    Do you mean i plug the + and - wrong ?


    It could be yes. it could be a combination of mis-plugs. check the motherboard documentation (it should have a diagram showing which pins are for what) and double-check that you have connected everything to the correct pins.
  6. jwk3 said:

    It could be yes. it could be a combination of mis-plugs. check the motherboard documentation (it should have a diagram showing which pins are for what) and double-check that you have connected everything to the correct pins.


    Haha, i plugged in correct pins, but once i replug it again.. the problem is solved .
Ask a new question

Read More

Light Desktops Hard Drives Compucase Systems