Solved

Stuck at loading operating system screen

I was updating the BIOS on my z68x-ud3h-b3 yesterday , and after the installation completed I had to restart my rig x amount of times. After the 2nd or so time, it deteced the HDD was running in IDE mode and asked if it wanted to switch [not sure which modes, sped through this step, did switch modes], and afterwards it leads to the "Loading Operating System" screen, black background, and nothing happening.

I've had my rig going for about an hour now and I'm still stuck on the screen. Anyone have any suggestions as what to do? I have a Seagate 1TB @ 7200rpm, gtx780,8gigs ram, i53570k,620wpsu, etc-etc. My OS is Win 7, and I have 2 optical drives, 1 bluray, 1 dvd.

My attempts to load the BIOS on the Motherboard loadup screen does little to nothing, as well the bootup menu, etc.

Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about stuck loading operating system screen
  1. Well if you're unable to load into Windows have you tried starting in safe mode?
  2. neieus said:
    Well if you're unable to load into Windows have you tried starting in safe mode?


    How does one start in safe mode?
  3. Go into BIOS and look for a setting that sets the drive access protocol.

    Change it from IDE to AHCI, or vice versa if your drive is an IDE device, and restart.

    Any help?
  4. himnextdoor said:
    Go into BIOS and look for a setting that sets the drive access protocol.

    Change it from IDE to AHCI and restart.

    Any help?


    Ive restarted a good 10 times and cant get BIOS up
  5. Sorry, did you say you couldn't access BIOS?
  6. himnextdoor said:
    Sorry, did you say you couldn't access BIOS?


    Yeah
  7. Press the F8 key during start up to access safe mode.
  8. Best answer
    Then the BIOS update failed, didn't it?

    You may have 'bricked' your machine.

    Have you had a successful restart since you updated Bios?

    Try taking out your hard drive and restarting.

    Does that lead to a different result than you are getting now?

    Then replace the drive and see if your system can 're-discover' it.
  9. himnextdoor said:
    Then the BIOS update failed, didn't it?

    You may have 'bricked' your machine.

    Have you had a successful restart since you updated Bios?

    Try taking out your hard drive and restarting.

    Does that lead to a different result than you are getting now?

    Then replace the drive and see if your system can 're-discover' it.


    Dunno whether or not it failed as I changed from IDE to SATA during the reboot After installation was complete, however i will give this a shot.
  10. himnextdoor said:
    Then the BIOS update failed, didn't it?

    You may have 'bricked' your machine.

    Have you had a successful restart since you updated Bios?

    Try taking out your hard drive and restarting.

    Does that lead to a different result than you are getting now?

    Then replace the drive and see if your system can 're-discover' it.


    Apologize for the late response, just got off work- and thanks so much, that did the trick.
  11. You are most welcome sir.

    Let us know if you have any more issues. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows BIOS Windows 7