Solved

Will this rig play bf4 on high settings?

10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about rig play bf4 high settings
  1. It's an i5-4670k (great), with a 7790 (what)? Are you dead set on buying pre-built, or are you open to building your own PC?
  2. You could do much better building a rig yourself than that pre-built rig. The CPU would be fine but I think you would have to end up upgrading the GPU to handle BF4. So in the end you are looking at $1000 or more and for that price you could build a much better rig.
  3. You could build your own rig and save money but everything is alright except for the GPU.
  4. bryonhowley said:
    You could do much better building a rig yourself than that pre-built rig. The CPU would be fine but I think you would have to end up upgrading the GPU to handle BF4. So in the end you are looking at $1000 or more and for that price you could build a much better rig.


    Thanks for the answers.

    I am willing to make my own PC but I need a good website that can ship directly to Australia and is safe and reliant.

    Also my budget is only about $1000
  5. enemy1g said:
    It's an i5-4670k (great), with a 7790 (what)? Are you dead set on buying pre-built, or are you open to building your own PC?


    When you say the CPU is great do you mean it is excellent for today and future gaming or is it only a CPU that will last the next year?I kinda don't want to buy a new one for a while.
  6. sora said:
    You could build your own rig and save money but everything is alright except for the GPU.


    Any suggestions?
  7. cianc1324 said:
    enemy1g said:
    It's an i5-4670k (great), with a 7790 (what)? Are you dead set on buying pre-built, or are you open to building your own PC?


    When you say the CPU is great do you mean it is excellent for today and future gaming or is it only a CPU that will last the next year?I kinda don't want to buy a new one for a while.


    When I say that the CPU is great, I mean by gaming standards it's literally the go-to CPU. i7s are overkill, and the i5-4670k is the best i5 you can get currently. The i5 will last you quite a few years. I recently gave my cousin my old rig with an i5-750 in it, and it works completely fine. Have an i5-2500k and a 4670k, all of them still work perfectly fine by today's standards.

    Your best bet is to pair an i5-4670k with a 760/770/7970 GHz/r9 280X
  8. enemy1g said:
    cianc1324 said:
    enemy1g said:
    It's an i5-4670k (great), with a 7790 (what)? Are you dead set on buying pre-built, or are you open to building your own PC?


    When you say the CPU is great do you mean it is excellent for today and future gaming or is it only a CPU that will last the next year?I kinda don't want to buy a new one for a while.


    When I say that the CPU is great, I mean by gaming standards it's literally the go-to CPU. i7s are overkill, and the i5-4670k is the best i5 you can get currently. The i5 will last you quite a few years. I recently gave my cousin my old rig with an i5-750 in it, and it works completely fine. Have an i5-2500k and a 4670k, all of them still work perfectly fine by today's standards.

    Your best bet is to pair an i5-4670k with a 760/770/7970 GHz/r9 280X


    Will a gtx660 do the same/better job? I know AMD is optimised for BF4 and stuff but will this be better?
  9. Best answer
    A 660 is listed as one of the recommended GPUs, which will allow you to play the game on high with a constant 60 FPS. The 660 will under perform compared to the 4 GPUs I listed, but if you have a specific budget for the GPU, I could try to find you something better than a 660 for the same amount of money.
  10. enemy1g said:
    A 660 is listed as one of the recommended GPUs, which will allow you to play the game on high with a constant 60 FPS. The 660 will under perform compared to the 4 GPUs I listed, but if you have a specific budget for the GPU, I could try to find you something better than a 660 for the same amount of money.


    Ok, thanks man!
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games