Solved

WD black hard drives failing again and again ..why?

Hello everyone,
I am in a sceviour problem , lets start with specification

- Its a desktop (* Each and every component is newly bought )
Motherboard- Asus P8B75M_LX https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8B75M_LX/
Processor -Intel 3.4 GHz LGA1155 Core i5 3570K
SMPS- 400Watt circle
RAM- 8 GB transcend
PCI- Ncomputing x550
DVD w/r samsung
HDD- 500 GB hp (laptop hdd )
an extra cooling fan

In addition I have 1TB WD black and 2TB WD Black HDD

Now the problem

- 500gb hp hdd is working perfectly fine , but when I connect 1TB WD or 2TB WD as primary or secondary then the problem start arousing

- Either its crashes in BIOS i.e it does not show and if show then its 0.0gb as drive space

- OR it works for couple of day or so the start making head noise while reading and writing bulk of data.

Note
1 - I bought these two hdd online.
2 - I have replace it online once and
3 - replaced by WD that is RMA once but still there is still the same problem
4 - Interesting to note that 500 gb hp laptop hdd is still working

What is the problem is it my desktop hardware problem should I replace any other component.
Please someone help need solution all my work is stucked.

Thank you
Regards
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about black hard drives failing
  1. Head noises usually indicate a failing drive. The hit and miss BIOS reads indicate the same thing.
  2. Szyrs said:
    Head noises usually indicate a failing drive. The hit and miss BIOS reads indicate the same thing.


    I know that but why is it happening to WD hdd again and again this is third time that I have encountered the same problem.

    I would also like to know the reasons why head problem occures.

    Thank you.
  3. Best answer
    Possibly has more to do with where you are purchasing from and how your drives are being delivered. The advantage of purchasing from a shop is that you can then lodge a complaint when this occurs.

    As far as I am aware, HP haven't manufactured a HDD since 1996, what you have is a hard drive manufactured by either Toshiba, WD or Seagate and sold under the brand name HP. The three that I listed are currently the only manufacturers of HDDs.
  4. Szyrs said:
    Possibly has more to do with where you are purchasing from and how your drives are being delivered. The advantage of purchasing from a shop is that you can then lodge a complaint when this occurs.

    If that is the case then as I mentioned I have already gone for RMA and WD wont provide with a faulty product.

    Szyrs said:
    As far as I am aware, HP haven't manufactured a HDD since 1996, what you have is a hard drive manufactured by either Toshiba, WD or Seagate and sold under the brand name HP. The three that I listed are currently the only manufacturers of HDDs.

    Thank you for info
Ask a new question

Read More

Western Digital Storage Hard Drives