R9 290 Refernce for cross fire or not?

LOA5000

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Returning my r9 290x for a full refund because of the lines on shut down. I now want to go crossfire r9 290's.
I dident have a problem with fan noice even with max fan setting to 100 with temp targer at 80. It was still quiter then my h80i water cooler. So my question is should i get 2 reference cards so it takes the air out of the case or get like 2 None Refernce cards like GIGABYTE windforce 3 fans when that comes out? Might even have a highter clock speed to? I just worry bout the heat not being able to get out. But i do have the black hawk ultra gaming case with 6 120mm fans mounted on the side fan to cool the gpu and 2 230mm fans mounted on the top and the 4 140mm fans in the front of the case and behind the hard drives. So maybe i will be better off with none refernce cards?

No, no reference. The thermal issues, even if the noise didnt bother you, are still holding the cards back. Aftermarket coolers will likely boast non reference PCBs with higher stock clocks as well. With new coolers you can also OC, which is next to impossible at the moment.

LOA5000

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
Okay ill wait. What do you think about the lines on shut down? i talked to somebody else who doesent have this problem and has the same gpu. And i put my old 680 in my pc and no lines on shut down

Also what you think is the best design for crossfire?

Msi? GIGABYTE? Asus? Who makes the best none reference designe for crossfire? I kinda like the msi

like this design here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127759

The lines stump me, I dont really know there, sounds like a specific single card issue. As for the cooler there are a lot of options. As long as you have good airflow the cooler itself isnt that much of an issue. Brands are important though. Anything Asus, sapphire, msi, and sometimes gigabyte works well. The asus DCU 2 is a great cooler, and the matrix is even better, if you can fit it. That MSI works well too. Anything sapphire you cant go wrong with. As long as it has a dual or more fan setup from those 4 makers you cant go wrong. Sapphire is my personal favorite for overall cooling and quality, Vapor-X is great.