Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gigabyte GA 990 FXA UD3 and AMD FX X6 6300

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
November 10, 2013 10:18:21 PM

Can you tell me if AMD FX 6300 is compatible with Gigabyte GA 990FXA UD3??

More about : gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 amd 6300

November 10, 2013 10:20:50 PM

Yes it is ..
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:21:16 PM

Just make sure if you own it to update to lasted bios.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 10, 2013 10:23:34 PM

Yes it is. Actually this will be a great board for the 6300. I have an 8350 with a similar board and have had no issues. I think you'll be pleased at the performance of the 6300 for the price. Also if you would like. Look into overclocking it. Usually isn't to hard. Just google a tutorial if you don't already know how to.

Just in case. Here is a nice CPU cooler to keep the temps low.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:23:56 PM

johnnyb105 said:
Just make sure if you own it to update to lasted bios.


Can you tell me how to do that?
Sorry but Im not really a tech guy this is my first PC that I am building on my own and will it support GTX 770 oc 2 gb?
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:25:02 PM

Ghost335 said:
johnnyb105 said:
Just make sure if you own it to update to lasted bios.


Can you tell me how to do that?
Sorry but Im not really a tech guy this is my first PC that I am building on my own and will it support GTX 770 oc 2 gb?


Yes it will support the 770 no problem at all. Great card btw!

m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:25:51 PM

TripleBullet said:
Yes it is. Actually this will be a great board for the 6300. I have an 8350 with a similar board and have had no issues. I think you'll be pleased at the performance of the 6300 for the price. Also if you would like. Look into overclocking it. Usually isn't to hard. Just google a tutorial if you don't already know how to.

Just in case. Here is a nice CPU cooler to keep the temps low.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


Thanks,will it support gtx 770 oc 2 gb?
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:26:41 PM

Ghost335 said:
TripleBullet said:
Yes it is. Actually this will be a great board for the 6300. I have an 8350 with a similar board and have had no issues. I think you'll be pleased at the performance of the 6300 for the price. Also if you would like. Look into overclocking it. Usually isn't to hard. Just google a tutorial if you don't already know how to.

Just in case. Here is a nice CPU cooler to keep the temps low.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


Thanks,will it support gtx 770 oc 2 gb?


Yes, just in case you didn't see other post.

m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:28:55 PM

TripleBullet said:
Ghost335 said:
TripleBullet said:
Yes it is. Actually this will be a great board for the 6300. I have an 8350 with a similar board and have had no issues. I think you'll be pleased at the performance of the 6300 for the price. Also if you would like. Look into overclocking it. Usually isn't to hard. Just google a tutorial if you don't already know how to.

Just in case. Here is a nice CPU cooler to keep the temps low.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


Thanks,will it support gtx 770 oc 2 gb?


Yes, just in case you didn't see other post.



I did,sorry Im new here.Can you tell me how to update my bios?
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:33:32 PM

Ghost335 said:
TripleBullet said:
Ghost335 said:
TripleBullet said:
Yes it is. Actually this will be a great board for the 6300. I have an 8350 with a similar board and have had no issues. I think you'll be pleased at the performance of the 6300 for the price. Also if you would like. Look into overclocking it. Usually isn't to hard. Just google a tutorial if you don't already know how to.

Just in case. Here is a nice CPU cooler to keep the temps low.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


Thanks,will it support gtx 770 oc 2 gb?


Yes, just in case you didn't see other post.



I did,sorry Im new here.Can you tell me how to update my bios?


you don't need to worry about that. the 990fxa will work with the chip out of the box. (speaking from experience here)
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 10:34:22 PM

Your board like many other new boards will have a software program which will walk you thru how to update the bios also youtube and google searches can explain further I dont own this board but its not hard to update the bios alot of times its just a few click and your done after you follow directions.
And you board can accept just about any gpu card out on the market.
m
0
l
November 10, 2013 11:58:19 PM

Ghost335 said:
TripleBullet said:
Ghost335 said:
TripleBullet said:
Yes it is. Actually this will be a great board for the 6300. I have an 8350 with a similar board and have had no issues. I think you'll be pleased at the performance of the 6300 for the price. Also if you would like. Look into overclocking it. Usually isn't to hard. Just google a tutorial if you don't already know how to.

Just in case. Here is a nice CPU cooler to keep the temps low.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...


Thanks,will it support gtx 770 oc 2 gb?


Yes, just in case you didn't see other post.



I did,sorry Im new here.Can you tell me how to update my bios?


As ingtar said, will be fine out of box bios wise.

m
0
l
November 20, 2013 9:42:06 AM

Depending on what revision of the board you have it will work out of the box.. I have that same motherboard its revision 1.1 I bought the 6300 just a couple days ago and had a LOT of issues starting off.. mostly due to needing a bios update.. but at the moment it is running fine.. just make sure to check what revision of the motherboard you have (its posted on the bottom left hand corner of the board itself) and then use a program like CPUID or Everest ultimate to check which BIOS version you have.. and go to the gigabyte website and find your revision of the board you have.. and then find the right BIOS version.. I was able to flash my bios after watching a youtube video on flashing gigabyte motherboards.. it is so easy a caveman could do it
m
0
l
!