Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will updating my Crosshair V screw up my RAID 0

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 11, 2013 4:00:40 PM

Hi, i have two 500gb Caviar blues in my build, will the raid not work after updating?
a c 1660 V Motherboard
November 11, 2013 6:05:42 PM

Updating what? drivers shouldn't bother things, if referring to the BIOS, not really, you'll lose the RAID, but you just go straight into the BIOS and recreate it it - it's already set up in the OS, so get the RAID config from the BIOS prior to the update, then after the update go in and recreate
m
0
l
November 11, 2013 6:24:21 PM

Tradesman1 said:
Updating what? drivers shouldn't bother things, if referring to the BIOS, not really, you'll lose the RAID, but you just go straight into the BIOS and recreate it it - it's already set up in the OS, so get the RAID config from the BIOS prior to the update, then after the update go in and recreate


Yeah but i read posts where peoples raids stopped functioning after bios updates, so i should put the hdds from raid to ichi then update?
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 1660 V Motherboard
November 11, 2013 6:45:21 PM

If any worries, simply unplug the drives, as said once BIOS is flashed go into BIOS, set Drives to RAID, then boot to raid setup , and re-setup up - identify the drives give it the same name (if needed) many good BIOSs will see the drives and 'ecognize' them by name
Share
a c 307 V Motherboard
November 11, 2013 6:53:45 PM

After flashing the BIOS, the motherboard has default BIOS settings loaded. Since RAID isn't the default SATA setting, you will need to enter the BIOS and change that BIOS SATA option back to RAID before the system enters Windows.
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 8:04:13 AM

Calvin7 said:
After flashing the BIOS, the motherboard has default BIOS settings loaded. Since RAID isn't the default SATA setting, you will need to enter the BIOS and change that BIOS SATA option back to RAID before the system enters Windows.


When I updated and set it back to raid in can't boot into windows, if tells me to select a boot drive, which is have.
m
0
l
a c 1660 V Motherboard
November 12, 2013 2:53:10 PM

If you set the RAID back up, then go into BIOS and set the BOOT priority to the RAID as first selection
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 3:47:41 PM

Calvin7 said:
After flashing the BIOS, the motherboard has default BIOS settings loaded. Since RAID isn't the default SATA setting, you will need to enter the BIOS and change that BIOS SATA option back to RAID before the system enters Windows.


Tradesman1 said:
If you set the RAID back up, then go into BIOS and set the BOOT priority to the RAID as first selection


Yeah my raid works im into windwos, funny thing is my raid renamed itself.
m
0
l
a c 1660 V Motherboard
November 12, 2013 3:53:41 PM

Did it call itself Tradesman? just kidding...it may be the BIOS gives it a name if you don't physically type one in
m
0
l
!