Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Will this card work with this power supply?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 11, 2013 4:36:07 PM

Hey, I have a question regarding how much power a GTX 770 Lightning Edition MSI card will take up.

Currently this is my setup:

i5 3570k 3.40Ghz
8gb DDR3 1600mhz
1tb HDD
Z77 Motherboard
A DVD drive

and an Evga GTX 660 Ti 2gb (NO SC, NO OC)
with a 650 watt power supply.

Will a GTX 770 Lightning work with everything listed (excluding the GTX 660 ti of course) with a 650 watt power supply?

Thanks, Jake.

More about : card work power supply

a b ) Power supply
November 11, 2013 4:42:12 PM

Hi. It depends on the PSU you have. If it is a Corsair, there should be enough on the rails for some headroom, and possibly with a Seasonic. The wattage is fine as long as you don't go sli.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 11, 2013 4:42:51 PM

Tell us which 650W supply you have.
-Bruce
m
0
l
Related resources
November 11, 2013 4:48:50 PM

If you have something like a SeaSonic 650W it should work.
m
0
l
November 11, 2013 9:42:17 PM

dish_moose said:
Tell us which 650W supply you have.
-Bruce


Its blank no logos on the psu so I dont know. Its green if that helps and for some reason I think its an Antec.
m
0
l
November 11, 2013 9:43:45 PM

coastie65 said:
Hi. It depends on the PSU you have. If it is a Corsair, there should be enough on the rails for some headroom, and possibly with a Seasonic. The wattage is fine as long as you don't go sli.


Its a blank with no logos and green. I believe its an Antec not too shure though
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 12, 2013 6:14:18 AM

If it is the one that dish_moose linked to, it should be fine. With the cards these days, You need to make sure you have enough on the +12v rail. That PSU that was linked to had 38a, so should be fine. With the newer cards, I prefer having some 40a+ on the rail. I am known for having PSU overkill on my builds, but if I should go sli / crossfire I'll be fine.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 12, 2013 6:52:40 AM

38A on each rail - 2 rails.
-Bruce
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 12, 2013 6:55:44 AM

dish_moose said:
38A on each rail - 2 rails.
-Bruce


Yep.
m
0
l
November 13, 2013 4:37:36 PM

coastie65 said:
If it is the one that dish_moose linked to, it should be fine. With the cards these days, You need to make sure you have enough on the +12v rail. That PSU that was linked to had 38a, so should be fine. With the newer cards, I prefer having some 40a+ on the rail. I am known for having PSU overkill on my builds, but if I should go sli / crossfire I'll be fine.


Yes it is the one Dish_Moose linked, it should run it no problem?
m
0
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
November 13, 2013 4:43:12 PM

I don't see any problem with a single card. You would have to upgrade should you want to go sli or Cross fire though.
Share
November 13, 2013 4:59:36 PM

coastie65 said:
I don't see any problem with a single card. You would have to upgrade should you want to go sli or Cross fire though.


Thanks Coastie, and to all other who helped. I'm closing the discussion.
m
0
l
!