Cooler, Heat sinks

Hi, I'm a beginner at overclocking and not very confident upon doing it because no one around me is available to guide me. So I started reading many threads regarding overclocking, but no thread answered my question :( How do I know what my computer cooler is and is it OK for overclocking my CPU (i5-3570K 3.4Ghz) to 4.0Ghz. If not, which cooler can? Thanks :)

MOBO: Gigabyte P8Z77-V LX2
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
(Sorry if I couldn't understand something but I'm kinda like a dummy on my computer which I feel stupid ._.)
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler heat sinks
  1. If you have the stock Intel cooler, I get rid of it and get something like the Hyper 212 EVO - about $30-35...if not the stock one, I'd go to say NEWEGG>COM and look through the coolers there till you find yours, or post a picture here and someone will be able to tell you what it is and if it's any good
  2. Well the Cooler is that lump of metal with a fan that mounts on top of the CPU.

  3. Is the fan beside the cover is the cooler? If it is, then my PC is using Intel stock fan.
  4. Yes that is the stock cooler. Popular budget CM cooler will handle OC past 4Ghz with your CPU.
  5. Thank you rolli59 and tradesman1 :D Btw, is my mobo ok for OC?
  6. Best answer
    Yep, the GB OCs well and it's what I guessed, that's the stock cooler, should get the EVO I suggested, that will take your CPU as high as it can go, I run my 3570K at 4.7 with the EVO, 24/7....May want to close the thread
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cooling Heat