£300 PC needs reviewing

I know it's pretty impossible to buy a good PC for £300 (yes, I'm in England), but I know it is a little less hard to build one yourself. I think I would be capable of building a PC, it's just getting the right components that is the tricky bit. I don't know very much about computer insides, and am a little bit stuck. I have created a £302 computer on PCPartPicker, but am not sure how good it would be. I am not hoping to play very computer-intensive games on it, but want to play a few low specification games. I also want to be able to browse the internet (with lots of tabs open) with no lag, which my current computer, a 2009 Mac Mini, unfortunately cannot do. Here's my current choices:

AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £53.98

ASRock N68C-GS FX Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard £35.99

A-Data Premier Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory £28.05

Hitachi Ultrastar 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £41.40

Asus GeForce GTX 650 2GB £97.76

TP-Link TL-WN781ND 802.11b/g/n PCI Wi-Fi Adapter £8.70

NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case £38.65

XFX 450W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply £34.99

Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer £13.15

And for now I'll use Linux operating system. I'll get Windows 7 later on.

Can anybody come up with a better specification computer for up to £305?
And is this one good?

Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about 300 reviewing
  1. This will not play any modern games at all. You are looking at playing tf2 and half-life era games only.
  2. tiny voices said:
    This will not play any modern games at all. You are looking at playing tf2 and half-life era games only.

What would you suggest (bear in mind price range. You can go a little above if you want)?
  3. You need a better GPU. The gt620 isn't really even better than intel integrated graphics.

You should be looking at a gtx650 or hd7750.
  4. tiny voices said:
    You need a better GPU. The gt620 isn't really even better than intel integrated graphics.

You should be looking at a gtx650 or hd7750.

Added to my list. Only thing is, I'm now looking at £350. Oh well. Any other ideas or things to tell me, anyone?
  5. Get the 1gb version of the 650. Those lower end cards aren't even able to use 1gb let alone 2gb. The 2gb cards are a marketing gimmick.
  6. tiny voices said:
    Get the 1gb version of the 650. Those lower end cards aren't even able to use 1gb let alone 2gb. The 2gb cards are a marketing gimmick.

Oh, ok. Shall I get the Ti one then (whatever that means)?
  7. The gtx650ti is a completely different card and is ALOT more powerful. it should be bale to play modern games at medium settings at 1080p comfortably.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC review Computers Systems £300