Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which bundle should i buy for gaming ? And why ?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 12, 2013 9:46:52 AM

What's the difference in gaming like crysis3,bf4,etc between ;;

Intel® Core™ i5-4670K Processor

and

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K



I either get the ''Intel® Core™ i7-2600K'' and ''ASUS SCK1155 P8h67 ATX Rev 3.0'' for -400euros

or

''Intel® Core™ i5-4670K Processor'' and 'Asus Z87-Plus'' for- 434euros.

What's the right choice ?

More about : bundle buy gaming

a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
November 12, 2013 9:56:40 AM

At equal price I'd pick the i7, but that motherboard will not let you overclock it, so the i5 is a better bundle.
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 9:58:29 AM

PepitoTV said:
At equal price I'd pick the i7, but that motherboard will not let you overclock it, so the i5 is a better bundle.


Why doesnt that motherboard let me overclock the i7 ? Also , the i5 is alot newer , so why do you choose the i7 over the i5 ?
m
0
l
Related resources
November 12, 2013 10:02:08 AM

I recomend the i5 4670k it has a newer architecture, lower TDP, and supports PCIe 3.0 and it has a newer socket and chipset that will give you a better performance for more time than the i72600k who was an older socket and doesnt support PCIe 3.0
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 10:04:48 AM

dazkyl said:
PepitoTV said:
At equal price I'd pick the i7, but that motherboard will not let you overclock it, so the i5 is a better bundle.


Why doesnt that motherboard let me overclock the i7 ? Also , the i5 is alot newer , so why do you choose the i7 over the i5 ?


Only the Z series of motherboards lets you overclock on your rig, so you'd be better off with the Z87 and i5-4670K
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 10:11:51 AM

Syndek said:
I recomend the i5 4670k it has a newer architecture, lower TDP, and supports PCIe 3.0 and it has a newer socket and chipset that will give you a better performance for more time than the i72600k who was an older socket and doesnt support PCIe 3.0


centrifugalblunderbuss said:
dazkyl said:
PepitoTV said:
At equal price I'd pick the i7, but that motherboard will not let you overclock it, so the i5 is a better bundle.


Why doesnt that motherboard let me overclock the i7 ? Also , the i5 is alot newer , so why do you choose the i7 over the i5 ?


Only the Z series of motherboards lets you overclock on your rig, so you'd be better off with the Z87 and i5-4670K


What exactly is ''PCIe 3.0'' ? Will my GTX570 benefit from it ?
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 10:35:39 AM

dazkyl said:
Syndek said:
I recomend the i5 4670k it has a newer architecture, lower TDP, and supports PCIe 3.0 and it has a newer socket and chipset that will give you a better performance for more time than the i72600k who was an older socket and doesnt support PCIe 3.0


centrifugalblunderbuss said:
dazkyl said:
PepitoTV said:
At equal price I'd pick the i7, but that motherboard will not let you overclock it, so the i5 is a better bundle.


Why doesnt that motherboard let me overclock the i7 ? Also , the i5 is alot newer , so why do you choose the i7 over the i5 ?


Only the Z series of motherboards lets you overclock on your rig, so you'd be better off with the Z87 and i5-4670K


What exactly is ''PCIe 3.0'' ? Will my GTX570 benefit from it ?


PCIe is the way you GPU and CPU comunicate your gtx 570 wont take advantegae on yhis because it runs on PCIe 2.0 but if you want to update your GPU some day it will take flly advantage of this
m
0
l
!