Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Help building a PC that will run Skyrim on Ultra settings with no problems.

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 12, 2013 7:08:54 PM

I'm on a budget. I'd like to keep the price around $800(less if at all possible). I was thinking Asus motherboard and intel cpu because I hear they are the 'best.'
a b 4 Gaming
a c 81 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2013 7:17:12 PM

What all do you need? Monitor, OS, or just the case and components? For what reason are you building the Pc? What are you looking for, ideally?
m
0
l
November 12, 2013 7:20:07 PM

Swordkd said:
What all do you need? Monitor, OS, or just the case and components? For what reason are you building the Pc? What are you looking for, ideally?

I have monitor and OS covered. I just need case and components- and to run skyrim on ultra settings.
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
a c 81 à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2013 7:47:11 PM

Could shave some money off and not drop too much performance, but this is pretty close.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($167.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.76 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $801.66
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-12 22:44 EST-0500)

Excellent Cpu for the price, but I did go with an AsRock motherboard. No loss in quality though, but it is less expensive. AsRock started out as a subsidiary of Asus in fact.

Standard 1600mhz DDR3 Ram, and standard 1tb HDD. Same for the optical drive.

Budget fit a 770 video card which will offer great performance. This particular one is one of the highest stock clocked boards out there.

Nice case for the price, and good deal on the Psu. Great quality, and semi-modular as well.
Share
November 12, 2013 9:19:20 PM

Swordkd said:
Could shave some money off and not drop too much performance, but this is pretty close.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor ($167.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.76 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($329.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 3000 USB 3.0 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $801.66
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-12 22:44 EST-0500)

Excellent Cpu for the price, but I did go with an AsRock motherboard. No loss in quality though, but it is less expensive. AsRock started out as a subsidiary of Asus in fact.

Standard 1600mhz DDR3 Ram, and standard 1tb HDD. Same for the optical drive.

Budget fit a 770 video card which will offer great performance. This particular one is one of the highest stock clocked boards out there.

Nice case for the price, and good deal on the Psu. Great quality, and semi-modular as well.


Thanks a bunch!
m
0
l
July 28, 2014 1:42:45 PM




Would This built run Elder Scrolls

Case:APEVIA X-PLORER2 (59.99)
CPU:AMD 760K Richland Quad-Core 3.8GHz (89.00)
Power Supply:EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 600W (59.00)
Motherboard:ASUS A88X-PLUS FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard (99.49)
Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin (82.99)
Video Card:ASUS R7250X-2GD5 Radeon R7 250X 2GB (129.99)
Hard Drive:Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache (54.99)

(All of these parts are from Newegg
(Total Price)$700.34
(With Shipping and Discounts)
$40.00 With (Mail in Rebate)
m
0
l
less than a minute ago

JGarvick said:



Would This built run Elder Scrolls

Case:APEVIA X-PLORER2 (59.99)
CPU:AMD 760K Richland Quad-Core 3.8GHz (89.00)
Power Supply:EVGA 600 B 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified 600W (59.00)
Motherboard:ASUS A88X-PLUS FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard (99.49)
Ram:G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB 240-Pin (82.99)
Video Card:ASUS R7250X-2GD5 Radeon R7 250X 2GB (129.99)
Hard Drive:Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache (54.99)

(All of these parts are from Newegg
(Total Price)$700.34
(With Shipping and Discounts)
$40.00 With (Mail in Rebate)


that is an apu, you have not a cpu, it has built in graphics but is slower than a stand alone cpu such as the fx series, and with you having a graphics card in the list it means you wouldn't be using the built in graphics, so you are paying more for less....
m
0
l
!