Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question
Solved

crossfire 7770s eyefinity

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Crossfire
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
November 13, 2013 1:52:29 PM

if i crossfire two 7770s, would it be able to handle gaming on eyefinity? or should i jump up to 7790s? or 7850s?
i wanna be able to run games on high in eyefinity on 3 720p screens. and i prefer flex edition cards so i dont have to buy 100 dollar adapters.
and also i will be playing games like battlefield 3/4 and call of duties, and all the batmans, and skyrim, and minecraft, and need for speed.

More about : crossfire 7770s eyefinity

a b 4 Gaming
November 13, 2013 2:05:12 PM

I think that you're going to want something with more memory. For example a 280x, 290, or 290x. Maybe even a 7970 GHz edition. That way youll have enough VRAM. If you xfire two 1GB cards, or even 2GB cards, you only 1/2 GB of VRAM total. It is recommended that you have at least 3GB of VRAM for eyefinity.
m
0
l
November 13, 2013 2:07:10 PM

Kingbob said:
I think that you're going to want something with more memory. For example a 280x, 290, or 290x. Maybe even a 7970 GHz edition. That way youll have enough VRAM. If you xfire two 1GB cards, or even 2GB cards, you only 1/2 GB of VRAM total. It is recommended that you have at least 3GB of VRAM for eyefinity.


so would just 1 7970 work for 3 720p monitors? playing games on atleast high
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
November 13, 2013 2:11:20 PM

Yes you should be fine with that. You'll be able to run it at 720p without too much difficulty.
m
0
l
November 13, 2013 2:12:02 PM

Kingbob said:
Yes you should be fine with that. You'll be able to run it at 720p without too much difficulty.


what about a sapphire 7950 flex 3gb?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 13, 2013 2:20:15 PM

That would be perfect for what you want.
m
0
l
November 13, 2013 2:22:57 PM

Kingbob said:
That would be perfect for what you want.


would i be able to play games on high with atleast 30fps? and maybe ultra? or medium at 50+fps?

ive had so many poeple tell me aq 7950 wont work on gaming at all, but then i see all these videos on youtube of people playing max with 50 fps on high end games
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
November 13, 2013 2:25:36 PM

Yes, this card will do exactly what you want, especially because you have 720p monitors.
Share
a c 306 4 Gaming
November 13, 2013 2:27:32 PM

Crossfire frame pacing does not work for Eyefinity resolutions, DirectX 9 games (Skyrim), or OpenGL games (Minecraft). In those situations, your Crossfire gaming will only feel like the performance of a single card, i.e. a waste of money. The R9-290 series improved frame pacing with Eyefinity, but not DirectX 9 or OpenGL.
m
0
l
November 13, 2013 2:29:10 PM

Kingbob said:
Yes, this card will do exactly what you want, especially because you have 720p monitors.


thank you so much!
i thought i was gonnna have to buy a crossfire motheboard, and 2 gpus, and you saved me alot of money! thanks!
m
0
l