Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

sapphire toxic r9 280x problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 13, 2013 5:03:50 PM

I have a
i7 3370k
assus V formula
crosier 750w bronze
trident x 2400 mhz 8 gb
After I intalled the drivers for the graphics chard my screen goes black after windows starting up screen My windows doesn't load until i restore to pervious before the installation I am tired of trying to make it work please help me
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2013 5:25:44 PM

Check for corrupted driver files or uninstall all AMD drivers and download the latest version. Also, try setting your RAM to run at 1600MHz and see if anything changes.
Score
0
November 13, 2013 6:19:31 PM

thismafiaguy said:
Check for corrupted driver files or uninstall all AMD drivers and download the latest version. Also, try setting your RAM to run at 1600MHz and see if anything changes.


I tried it still my screen goes black after windows 7 screen thing please help me figure it out. could the card be damaged do i return it or the card is fine. I can't figure it out
Score
0
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2013 7:17:01 PM

Which drivers did you install right before this problem appeared?
Score
0
November 13, 2013 7:17:34 PM

thismafiaguy said:
Which drivers did you install right before this problem appeared?


the one that came with the card from cd And i also tired the one from amd still same problem
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2013 7:22:29 PM

So I would assume that Windows did start properly until you rebooted after driver installation? Remove the card and see if you can restore to an earlier point before you installed the card, and make sure to uninstall all AMD drivers. If you can then boot Windows properly, reinstall the card, and if Windows boots properly with the card installed, go to this page here, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download and get the latest driver for your 280X, ignore the driver on the disc that came with your card.
Score
0
November 13, 2013 7:26:16 PM

thismafiaguy said:
So I would assume that Windows did start properly until you rebooted after driver installation? Remove the card and see if you can restore to an earlier point before you installed the card, and make sure to uninstall all AMD drivers. If you can then boot Windows properly, reinstall the card, and if Windows boots properly with the card installed, go to this page here, http://support.amd.com/en-us/download and get the latest driver for your 280X, ignore the driver on the disc that came with your card.


what I did when screen goes black i restore it to an earlier point than I tryed installing it again but gives same thing I just restored it also to point out i have my hdmi connected to the card it works until i do drivers setup. And i tryed two different slots same problem. I already tired installing it from amd but still sam problem.

Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
November 13, 2013 7:36:45 PM

I don't think your graphics card is defective, it's more than likely a driver error. Use Driver Sweeper to get rid of all AMD drivers, then go get the newest driver from the AMD website. Restoring won't necessarily get rid of all the AMD drivers. Is this a new build? Or was there another graphics card in your system?
Share
November 13, 2013 7:38:14 PM

thismafiaguy said:
I don't think your graphics card is defective, it's more than likely a driver error. Use Driver Sweeper to get rid of all AMD drivers, then go get the newest driver from the AMD website. Restoring won't necessarily get rid of all the AMD drivers. Is this a new build? Or was there another graphics card in your system?


fixed it thanks for your help
Score
0
!