Best cpu for price/preformance ratio

Can I get a list of good cpus for their price/preformance?

Planning to build a new gaming rig and would like to spend as less as possible.
12 answers Last reply
More about cpu price preformance ratio
  1. FX 6300 for around $120 is the best cpu value on the market. It easily outperforms every other cpu within it's price range.
  2. CTurbo said:
    FX 6300 for around $120 is the best cpu value on the market. It easily outperforms every other cpu within it's price range.


    how well will this be paired up with a 7970?
  3. The AMD Athlon x4 750k for $70ish and the 760k for $80ish are also great values. They also outperform everything in their price range, and make great super budget cpus.

    I will also give a shout out to all of the 3rd gen Intels. They offer 90-95% of the performance of the newer 4th gen, but they can often be found for 70-75% of the price.

    The Intel Xeon E3-1230V3 is a great deal. It's essentially an i7 and it can be had for under $250.
  4. Quote:
    how well will this be paired up with a 7970?


    Very well. Get an aftermarket cpu cooler and it will be even better.
  5. CTurbo said:
    Quote:
    how well will this be paired up with a 7970?


    Very well. Get an aftermarket cpu cooler and it will be even better.


    I forgot to mention that I already own a fx 4100 and a hyper 212 evo. Will that affect your recommended cpus? I've previously looked at some 3rd gen i5 and i7. I think one of them was the i5 3570. A brand new one + a new mobo would be around $300 and around another $250-300 for a 7970. A bit pricey. My current mobo is a GA-78LMT-S2P (AMD AM3+ socket). How big of an improvement would the 6300 be? Any other recommend cpus that will fit in this mobo and has a good price/performance ratio and be a significant boost from my current cpu, fx4100?
  6. Get a 6300 if its within your budget, if you're looking to spend a bit more get a 8320/8350. The 8350 costs around $200 though. Your graphics card and CPU combo is perfect and should have no problem running most games on high i believe. Go to your nearest tech shop and ask them for some help too.
    Good luck on your rig!
  7. 6300/8320, as the others have said. Went with an 8320 myself, it's great.
  8. The 6300 would be a tremendous upgrade over the 4100. Hell, even the 4300/4350 would be a big upgrade.

    Your motherboard is mediocre at best. If you can afford to upgrade both cpu and mobo you should. The FX6300/8320 and Am3+ motherboard combo offers great performance for cost. You just want to make sure you have a solid motherboard for overclocking if/when you want to do it, and you will want to do it. Trust me.
  9. any recommendation for a budget oc mobo for the 6300?
  10. melancholyx3 said:
    any recommendation for a budget oc mobo for the 6300?


    Depends on your budget.
  11. JOOK-D said:
    melancholyx3 said:
    any recommendation for a budget oc mobo for the 6300?


    Depends on your budget.


    would the 6300 paired with a mobo around $70-$80 be better than a MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt + i5 3350P ($200-$230)?
  12. melancholyx3 said:
    JOOK-D said:
    melancholyx3 said:
    any recommendation for a budget oc mobo for the 6300?


    Depends on your budget.


    would the 6300 paired with a mobo around $70-$80 be better than a MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt + i5 3350P ($200-$230)?


    I answered this on your other thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming CPUs