1600 MHz RAM showing as 1333 04 1439 MHz

vapor_anomaly

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013
Hi,

I have a kingston 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHZ ram and M5A99 FX PRO R2 mother board.
The speed of the ram is low in the bios. How do i bring it up to 1600 MHz.
I read the RAM specs. As per the sheet, it can run at 1600 MHz at 1.5V 10-10-10.
Can anyone explain how i can configure it?

Regards,
J.

Solution
You need to set the clock for the memory to 800 MHz in BIOS. Being DDR, it will be doubled to the 1600 MHz you are expecting.

Of course, depending on the processor you are running, and whether your board is overly picky, you may not be able to run the memory stably at 1600 MHz.
You need to set the clock for the memory to 800 MHz in BIOS. Being DDR, it will be doubled to the 1600 MHz you are expecting.

Of course, depending on the processor you are running, and whether your board is overly picky, you may not be able to run the memory stably at 1600 MHz.

Solution

vapor_anomaly

Honorable
Nov 13, 2013

Thanks for your answer. I will try that.
I guess i have a lot of reading to do, to understand what is what in my bios.
Thank you.

You're welcome. Feel free to come back with more questions as you go, especially if you're at all concerned about settings you may be changing in your BIOS.

One thing you might find useful would be to either write down or carefully take a snap shot of your BIOS settings before you change anything. There isn't really a proper undo function for changes you make, so if you goof something up, you will have to either reset your BIOS to it's default state, or go back into it and change the offending setting(s) back to where they were. :)

TRENDING THREADS