1600 + 2133. Is it possible?

shuzik

Honorable
Nov 14, 2013
Hello, can you help me with this situation:
-got 2x4gb kingston 1600 MHz (9-9-9-27) 1,35v. Is it possible to add 2x4gb of another brand with 2133 or 1866 ? or i have to stick to one brand with the same frequencies? Cause it`s cheaper for me to add 2133 (9-11-11-31) G-Skill 1.6v =)
MB: asus maximus vi hero
CPU: i5 4670k

Solution
It's much easier to stick to one brand with the same frequencies, that said with a little (or a lot) of work, there is no reason that different sets of RAM shouldn't work together, just note that the RAM will run at the slower frequency and you might have to mess with CAS timings.

P1nnacle

Distinguished
It's much easier to stick to one brand with the same frequencies, that said with a little (or a lot) of work, there is no reason that different sets of RAM shouldn't work together, just note that the RAM will run at the slower frequency and you might have to mess with CAS timings.

Solution

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Anytime you mix DRAM it can be problematic - especially different timings, voltages, brands and freqs - that's why we get all these threads from people wondering why two sets won't work together, it comes from people telling them yeah - go ahead and mix them...it's also the main cause of most RMAs on DRAM, have been told about 85% of all DRAM that's RMAed is perfectly fine, people tried mixing or didn't know how to use XMP/DOCP/EOCP