Solved

Need new Gaming rig 1500$ to 2000$ First time builder new help ASAP!

I want a gaming PC that can play the games like Battlefield 3 and Crysis 3 and such at High - Ultra settings while not letting the FPS drop lower than 30 fps. I can only buy thru amazon. And I want I stabile so I don't have to tweak it every now and then.

What do you guys think?


Approximate Purchase Date: For Christmas

Budget Range: $1500 - $2000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Most Important: Serious Gaming Least Important: Everything Else

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade: New build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes Windows 8.1 pro

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: amazon.com

Location: Paraguay, South America

Parts Preferences: Nvidia GPU, Intel CPU

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: no

Your Monitor Resolution: 1600x1080 60hz or Sony Bravia 32 inch 720p LCD
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming rig 1500 2000 time builder asap
  1. Okay, for a rig like that you will want to have a 1920 by 1080p 60HZ monitor that I included in your budget. 1500 is a lot for a rig just for gaming as the price to performance ration is not good. But here is le build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22s0L
  2. TheIronDUke said:
    Okay, for a rig like that you will want to have a 1920 by 1080p 60HZ monitor that I included in your budget. 1500 is a lot for a rig just for gaming as the price to performance ration is not good. But here is le build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22s0L


    Yeah but I was thinking like this maybe? I do video editing to but not much.

    CPU Intel core i7- 4770k 338$
    Motherboard asus saberthooth z87 240$
    Windows 8 pro 64 bit 140$
    Samsung 840 pro 256gb 230$
    Full tower case about 150$ (hard to decide)
    Evga GeForce gtx 770 2gb 350$
    Corsair enthusiast series tx 750 watt 80 plus bronze 90$
    G.skill 16 gb ripjaws z series 4x4 gb 2133mhz 170$

    Don't know if I forgot something. Price: 1560 rounded
  3. If you will not be using crossfire/SLI then why the super expensive motherboard. Any Z87 will be fine because you are not over clocking. Also, if you are not gonna be doing a lot of video editing then why get an I7. It is for serious semipro/professional grade computers not a gaming rig.
  4. TheIronDUke said:
    If you will not be using crossfire/SLI then why the super expensive motherboard. Any Z87 will be fine because you are not over clocking. Also, if you are not gonna be doing a lot of video editing then why get an I7. It is for serious
    semipro/professional grade computers not a gaming rig.
    . So I think this is perfect then? http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/partlist/ here this ones better I think. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22vqu
  5. Best answer
    This is the best build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22vIz
    It has an SSD an amazing GPU and CPU as well as a good monitor for 1080p gaming.
  6. TheIronDUke said:
    This is the best build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/22vIz
    It has an SSD an amazing GPU and CPU as well as a good monitor for 1080p gaming.

    Yep this is going to work thx a lot man!
  7. No problem, I hate to ask but could you select a right answer, It closes the thread.
  8. TheIronDUke said:
    No problem, I hate to ask but could you select a right answer, It closes the thread.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gaming Components