Solved

Got a new graphic card and i don't really see so many diffrences. would a ram upgrade be useful ?

Hello , I had an 9600gt and i'ved upgraded my system to a AMD RADEON hd 7770 and i dont quite seem to notice to many changes.
My proc is Core2duo e7400 2.8ghz
4gb ram ddr3 1333mhz (going to 8gb ram tomorrow)
PSU 500w
MB Asrock g41m vs3 2.0
And one more guestion , if u i wanna buy a new MB how do i figure out if i can put dual sided RAM memory in it ? cause on my MB dual sided memory is the only memory that works
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card diffrences ram upgrade
  1. No, it probably wouldn't do much for games. Also, your CPU is pretty outdated.

    Also, what do you mean when you say that you don't see many differences?
  2. I do not see to many FPS improvements , btw if im interesed in buying a new CPU and a new MB how can i know that the MB needs double sided memory sticks?
  3. what do you mean by " dual-sided " Memory ?
  4. I'm assuming he means dual-channel memory. To check this, look in the motherboard's manual, which is available on the motherboard's website.
  5. The dual-sided memory has circuits on each part of the memory. Yesterday i was interesed on buying a 4gb memory stick (same brand as my 4gb stick which is installed on my pc). After i bought it and installed it into my pc it didn't work so i bringed my pc to the shop i bought the memory from and tested out 5 more memory sticks.
    After a while i noticed that thier memory were single sided and mine was double (circuits on the both side) and they brought me a 1gb double-sided memory stick and it worked , so my MB supports only dual(double)-sided memory sticks.
  6. ihog said:
    I'm assuming he means dual-channel memory. To check this, look in the motherboard's manual, which is available on the motherboard's website.


    No , it's double sided memory
    Here are some examples:http://www.emag.ro/memorii/filter/cipuri-memorie-f143,double-side-v394/c
  7. yellowflamez said:
    ihog said:
    I'm assuming he means dual-channel memory. To check this, look in the motherboard's manual, which is available on the motherboard's website.


    No , it's double sided memory
    Here are some examples:http://www.emag.ro/memorii/filter/cipuri-memorie-f143,double-side-v394/c


    go to www.pcpartpicker.com and select your motherboard, ram, CPU, GPU etc. It will notify you if it isn't compatible with each other.

    + it's probably your CPU that's bottlenecking your GPU. or it might be your monitor? does it allow a decent FPS? atleast 60hz.

    Upgrading your ram is always fine but i'm pretty sure it won't improve your performance at all.
  8. linsyschopman said:
    yellowflamez said:
    ihog said:
    I'm assuming he means dual-channel memory. To check this, look in the motherboard's manual, which is available on the motherboard's website.


    No , it's double sided memory
    Here are some examples:http://www.emag.ro/memorii/filter/cipuri-memorie-f143,double-side-v394/c


    go to www.pcpartpicker.com and select your motherboard, ram, CPU, GPU etc. It will notify you if it isn't compatible with each other.

    + it's probably your CPU that's bottlenecking your GPU. or it might be your monitor? does it allow a decent FPS? atleast 60hz.

    Upgrading your ram is always fine but i'm pretty sure it won't improve your performance at all.


    On games like DMC i can run 60fps np , thanks for the site.
  9. Best answer
    yellowflamez said:
    linsyschopman said:
    yellowflamez said:
    ihog said:
    I'm assuming he means dual-channel memory. To check this, look in the motherboard's manual, which is available on the motherboard's website.


    No , it's double sided memory
    Here are some examples:http://www.emag.ro/memorii/filter/cipuri-memorie-f143,double-side-v394/c


    go to www.pcpartpicker.com and select your motherboard, ram, CPU, GPU etc. It will notify you if it isn't compatible with each other.

    + it's probably your CPU that's bottlenecking your GPU. or it might be your monitor? does it allow a decent FPS? atleast 60hz.

    Upgrading your ram is always fine but i'm pretty sure it won't improve your performance at all.


    On games like DMC i can run 60fps np , thanks for the site.



    Oke then it isn't your monitor, I would look into the CPU.
    + it's a decent upgrade, but still not a very high end GPU so don't expect too much on the latest games.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon RAM Graphics Cards Components Memory