Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTX580 Matrix stuck:S

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 15, 2013 11:13:25 AM

Hey guys, im sorry for this question but I couldn't find the right answer on the forums for this. Well, a week ago i bought my ASUS GTX580 Matrix from a friend. It is a really nice card and good looking from the outside. But, when i try to play a game(TDU2, FS2013, Minecraft) the card is really slow. So I tried running FurMark and saw that my card only clocks 50mhz. I know it is power save mode but I think my 580 can't get out of it for some reason...

Pls Help!!!
cheers, Max

More about : gtx580 matrix stuck

a b Ĉ ASUS
November 15, 2013 11:18:39 AM

What are the temps?
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 11:20:43 AM

ihog said:
What are the temps?


idle 26 degrees celsius
while stressing (at 50mhz) Only 28 degrees celsius. no problem with that temp...
thx for quick reaction!:) 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 15, 2013 3:49:51 PM

Have you tried other games to see what speed the clocks get to?
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 3:57:05 PM

ihog said:
Have you tried other games to see what speed the clocks get to?


Uhm yea LoL and nfs world..
Both low fps
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 15, 2013 3:59:04 PM

You didn't answer my question.
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 4:00:55 PM

ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 15, 2013 4:03:45 PM

Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. When you install, make sure it's a clean install.
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 4:05:43 PM

Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 4:06:46 PM

ihog said:
Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.


Sadly I already Did.. I reinstalled the New r331 driver thee times also I tried older ones like 320 And 296. All the same problem...
m
0
l
November 15, 2013 4:08:44 PM

Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them.


Sadly I already Did.. I reinstalled the New r331 driver thee times also I tried older ones like 320 And 296. All the same problem...

So you ran GPU-Z and it said you have a 580?

m
0
l
November 15, 2013 4:10:49 PM

meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.


Counts nvidia inspector as gpu-z? He says I have Asus matrix gtx580p

Going for a sleep right now, tomorrow i'll try the auto driver finder;-)
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 3:10:24 AM

meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.


Okey i did the auto scan and it said i already had the best driver for a gtx580, I have GeForce experience too, it says i have no updates available.
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 6:57:38 AM

Maxxielol123 said:
meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.


Okey i did the auto scan and it said i already had the best driver for a gtx580, I have GeForce experience too, it says i have no updates available.

You're done then :(  Sadly, your card may be defective :( 

m
0
l
November 16, 2013 10:12:23 AM

meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.


Okey i did the auto scan and it said i already had the best driver for a gtx580, I have GeForce experience too, it says i have no updates available.

You're done then :(  Sadly, your card may be defective :( 



Oh noes, can't believe That. Could there be something with the bios or vbios? :-\
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 12:42:52 PM

Maxxielol123 said:
meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.


Okey i did the auto scan and it said i already had the best driver for a gtx580, I have GeForce experience too, it says i have no updates available.

You're done then :(  Sadly, your card may be defective :( 



Oh noes, can't believe That. Could there be something with the bios or vbios? :-\


Possibly... Or the card was tampered with.
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 2:58:20 PM

meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
meowmix44 said:
Maxxielol123 said:
ihog said:
You didn't answer my question.


And low clocks sorry:-$
50mhz precisely


Try running GPU-Z to make sure you have the right card. Then go to NVIDIA's site and just to be sure, let them automatically find your drivers.


Okey i did the auto scan and it said i already had the best driver for a gtx580, I have GeForce experience too, it says i have no updates available.

You're done then :(  Sadly, your card may be defective :( 



Oh noes, can't believe That. Could there be something with the bios or vbios? :-\


Possibly... Or the card was tampered with.


Is there a way to reset bios and vbios? Just to be sure thats not the problem
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 11:49:44 AM

So to update this, i tried the card on a friends pc and it didn't work too. At first i could almost cry but later i tried it on save mode and the card was like reborn.
Now when we reboot (and the card exits save mode and is reset) it messes up again.
So i think i can conclude that the card's hardware is not defect right?
Is there someone who knows where this comes from??

Thanks
m
0
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 22, 2013 11:52:12 AM

Do you have the original driver disc?
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 11:53:35 AM

ihog said:
Do you have the original driver disc?


sadly, no..
m
0
l
!