290 vs. gtx 770?

jamn805

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011
I am currently thinking about upgrading from my 560ti 1GB VRAM. What do you guys think? Should I get a R9 290 or a gtx 770?

I will be gaming of course: BF4 all the way.

I also do a lot of video editing in Adobe premiere pro.

THANKS!

Solution

The fact that you asked that question means that you only read tomshardware. ONLY tomshardware had that problem. The following sites report no issues of that kind:

HardwareCanucks
AnandTech
[H]ardOCP
Guru3D
TechReport
HardwareSecrets

These are all the "Big Boys" as far as review sites go. It seems that this was an isolated incident. Not even AMD really knows why it happened.

fudoka711

Distinguished

I agree. Wait until the non-reference designs for the r9 290 are released. The 290 should be better for both gaming and video editing.

The fact that you asked that question means that you only read tomshardware. ONLY tomshardware had that problem. The following sites report no issues of that kind:

HardwareCanucks
AnandTech
[H]ardOCP
Guru3D
TechReport
HardwareSecrets

These are all the "Big Boys" as far as review sites go. It seems that this was an isolated incident. Not even AMD really knows why it happened.

Solution

jamn805

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2011

All of them said it too. Don't be such a tom's hardware hater

A Tomshardware hater? LOL Dude, check my badges and know that I'm a big contributor to the tomshardware community. And no, all those sites did was say that tomshardware had experienced it. Specifically, HardOCP said that they didn't have the same experience but that it was a possibility to have performance issues if tomshardware did. AMD then released the new BIOS.