Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag FPS

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 16, 2013 1:04:53 AM

Is it normal that I get only 30 FPS on Assassin's Creed 4 with this specifications (I really don't know if my pc is bad for gaming or not):

i5-3470 3.20 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7750 1gb
8 Gb RAM
1600x900 60 Hz

November 16, 2013 1:15:35 AM

okay thanks it's just i can run BF4 at 50-60 and i was wondering why i was getting 30 with asc
m
0
l
Related resources
November 16, 2013 1:23:52 AM

because , if im not mistaken, you have downloaded it illegally, so its probably not a good copy, at has not been patched
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 7:25:56 PM

mhampshire2 said:
Is it normal that I get only 30 FPS on Assassin's Creed 4 with this specifications (I really don't know if my pc is bad for gaming or not):

i5-3470 3.20 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7750 1gb
8 Gb RAM
1600x900 60 Hz



Game is poorly optimized , patch will only solve it ,

m
0
l
November 19, 2013 8:05:37 PM

Something is definitely wrong with Assassin's Creed IV. I have a GTX 780 and I get 80FPS bare minimum on absolute max settings on BF4. However, Assassin's Creed IV runs around 30-40 FPS. It actually likes to stick at exactly 30 for some reason. I think something must be actually limiting it to 30, because I can't see it being exactly 30 so frequently otherwise.
m
0
l
November 19, 2013 9:48:55 PM

Jt Hollister said:
Something is definitely wrong with Assassin's Creed IV. I have a GTX 780 and I get 80FPS bare minimum on absolute max settings on BF4. However, Assassin's Creed IV runs around 30-40 FPS. It actually likes to stick at exactly 30 for some reason. I think something must be actually limiting it to 30, because I can't see it being exactly 30 so frequently otherwise.


i agree...my sticks at exactly 30fps during the game as well. vsync is set to 60 in the game files...im waiting for a work around...im sure one will show up soon

Edit- so I've been playing with different settings and disabled vsync in game while enabling "adaptive" in the nvidia control panel, im running at 60fps most of the time now but im getting some screen tearing. anyone know how to fix this?
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 6:57:43 AM

mhampshire2 said:
okay thanks it's just i can run BF4 at 50-60 and i was wondering why i was getting 30 with asc


Use d3doverrider (google it) to force triple buffering on. Problem solved, i guarantee it. The thing is that with vsync on, if your card cant hit 60 fps (say it only does 55 which is still great) than because of vsync your fps will be halved and will do only 30 at all times. This is the same with any and all games. Or turn off vsync and that should fix the problem also (but than you get nasty screen tearing).

As a rule of thumb, if you get 30 fps in game, and thats 30, always, no matter what than it's either the vsync problem described above, or the game is locked at 30. D3DOverrider with Triple Buffering will always save the day if it's a vsync issue.

m
0
l
November 20, 2013 10:21:01 AM

dreadloxx said:
Jt Hollister said:
Something is definitely wrong with Assassin's Creed IV. I have a GTX 780 and I get 80FPS bare minimum on absolute max settings on BF4. However, Assassin's Creed IV runs around 30-40 FPS. It actually likes to stick at exactly 30 for some reason. I think something must be actually limiting it to 30, because I can't see it being exactly 30 so frequently otherwise.


i agree...my sticks at exactly 30fps during the game as well. vsync is set to 60 in the game files...im waiting for a work around...im sure one will show up soon

Edit- so I've been playing with different settings and disabled vsync in game while enabling "adaptive" in the nvidia control panel, im running at 60fps most of the time now but im getting some screen tearing. anyone know how to fix this?


you still get screen tearing with adaptive vsync if your graphics card can't maintain constant 60 fps. I have my vsync on in ncp as it provides smoother gameplay than in game vsync. This happened with ac3 took them a lot of patches to get the game to run smooth on pc so no doubt it will be the same again. Even though splinter cell blacklist runs very nice. I have a 4gb msi gaming 770 and I got 60 fps one minute then down to the 30's it's badly optimized really, glad I got it for free or I would have been p**sed if I paid for it..
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 11:22:11 AM

As I said before, turn on Triple Buffering and than you can use vsync just fine, no tearing, no halved fps.
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 3:34:41 PM

tstng said:
As I said before, turn on Triple Buffering and than you can use vsync just fine, no tearing, no halved fps.

I have both vsync and triple Buffering enabled in the ncp and I still get screen tearing.
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 9:31:05 PM

dreadloxx said:
tstng said:
As I said before, turn on Triple Buffering and than you can use vsync just fine, no tearing, no halved fps.

I have both vsync and triple Buffering enabled in the ncp and I still get screen tearing.


Than maybe you have it forced off somewhere else, like in game, or drivers.

m
0
l
November 21, 2013 6:29:35 AM

Black Flag limits FPS to a max of 60FPS (period). If you enable VSync and your FPS goes any lower than 60FPS (even 59FPS) it then limits you to 30FPS max. That's how this particular game works. You cannot have between 30 and 60. Only 30 or 60.

When I disable VSync I immediately get very bad screen tearing. Don't have this with any other games I play.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 21, 2013 9:10:04 AM

Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM
Share
November 21, 2013 1:57:40 PM

Guys, just run D3DOverrider for the triple buffering, I'm surprised there are still PC gamers that don't know about this.
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 3:57:06 PM

Spyder1246 said:
Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM


Very nice. I am going to go home and try this. Thanks for posting this!
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 9:38:43 PM

ThomasCro said:
Guys, just run D3DOverrider for the triple buffering, I'm surprised there are still PC gamers that don't know about this.


I already said that, twice, but it seems some ppl are just afraid of trying out new things.
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 6:54:28 AM

LimBigPortal said:
AMD Radeon HD 7750 1gb is a old Video card but is ok, Assassin's Creed 4 Is poorly optimized

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/assassins_creed_4_black_fl...


It's an TWIMTBP game so AMD's get the worst of it. On a side note, the 7750 is way to underpowered for this game, sorry mate.
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 1:12:28 PM

Spyder1246 said:
Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM


This works! Perfect solution thank you so much
m
0
l
November 23, 2013 1:20:16 PM

dreadloxx said:
Spyder1246 said:
Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM


This works! Perfect solution thank you so much


Okay but what if you have windows 8.1?? How would you do it because pressing Ctrl+Alt+Supr leads you to a menu to change user, lock and other stuff so it isn't as in windows 7.
What can I do???

m
0
l
November 23, 2013 4:31:35 PM

mhampshire2 said:
dreadloxx said:
Spyder1246 said:
Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM


This works! Perfect solution thank you so much


Okay but what if you have windows 8.1?? How would you do it because pressing Ctrl+Alt+Supr leads you to a menu to change user, lock and other stuff so it isn't as in windows 7.
What can I do???



Hmm, I'm not sure. I've only used Win8 once on someone else's laptop, so I'm not very familiar with it. I think it also works in Win7 by just bringing up the lock this computer, switch user, log off, change password, start task manager screen you get by pressing ctrl alt del, but I would just cancel, & go back in game.
m
0
l
November 24, 2013 3:50:06 AM

mhampshire2 said:
dreadloxx said:
Spyder1246 said:
Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM


This works! Perfect solution thank you so much


Okay but what if you have windows 8.1?? How would you do it because pressing Ctrl+Alt+Supr leads you to a menu to change user, lock and other stuff so it isn't as in windows 7.
What can I do???



As it has been stated before many times (Please read all the posts) use D3DOverrider.
m
0
l
November 25, 2013 3:03:41 AM

I have to add as i did this exact solution before even reading this thread that this solution of spyder will also work for people that has crossfireX and happen to not work while playing this, just alt tab the game while inside the game and you will get both of your cards working on crossfireX as for SLI i havent tested it yet.
m
0
l
November 25, 2013 3:05:28 AM

tstng said:
mhampshire2 said:
dreadloxx said:
Spyder1246 said:
Actually I've found a very simple way to have a variable framerate while Vsync is enabled, & made a video about it to prove it. Video isn't done uploading yet. I'll post once it's done.

Edit: Here it is http://youtu.be/WhhXqgOsFbM


This works! Perfect solution thank you so much


Okay but what if you have windows 8.1?? How would you do it because pressing Ctrl+Alt+Supr leads you to a menu to change user, lock and other stuff so it isn't as in windows 7.
What can I do???



As it has been stated before many times (Please read all the posts) use D3DOverrider.


u can alt enter too buddy.
m
0
l
December 14, 2013 10:34:15 PM

Well im playing this on a Alienware 17x R5 and i get 60 damn near all the time.....but when i play resident evil 5 i get frames of 155fps even on max out stats. i hate this fps lock feature. my 120htz screen eliminates tearing though. and the games is playing in native 120 htz after i modified the ini file in documents. im also using win 8.1 and with a 4800mq i7 cpu and a geforce 770m gpu. . also a ssd HD allows me a computer WEI of 7.9. so who's making an effort to hack this...thats the real question.
m
0
l
December 19, 2013 2:22:21 AM

try disabling the PhysX settings on the graphics options.. from 30 fps i went up 50fps

Sadly, I guess you can only find it on Nvidia card users.. or maybe not.. i'm not sure
m
0
l
February 10, 2014 1:20:56 AM

mhampshire2 said:
okay thanks it's just i can run BF4 at 50-60 and i was wondering why i was getting 30 with asc


you have to remember that bf4 is a First person shooter and AC4:BC is a third person game so it requires more from your graphicscard and thats what fdrops your fps, i have a i7 4700 HQ processor and a Nvidia GeForce 765M graphics card and i can run Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag on 60 FPS straight on medium.

even my pc have a harsh time following the games quality.

if you want an acceptable gameplay with lot's of cool graphics i suggest you go buy a GeForce GTX 780 TI ot just the regular 780 GPU
m
0
l
April 11, 2014 1:56:59 PM

Just turn your v sync off.drop god rays to low,and edit environmental qualities to high,turn hbao as high as you can and at least play on Smaa,turning v sync off will gradually increase yourfps but then game is no fun.
in dense vegitation islands drop every settings to low,you have too cause this is the most problematic issue in this game.Game is not optimized to run all these vegitations at the same time.only optimized version of ps4 or xbox one does so "thanx for pirating this game on pc if u did"even i am the fool who has bought this shitty crap.
there is no difference between pirated and genuine version as they both will run in same fps but patch must be installed.These game are not optimized for and cards but nvidia cards only from gtx 560.So your best bet is to stay in towns with high settings and on vegitation islands on very low to all
m
0
l
June 20, 2014 11:25:33 PM

People i solution the answer. At least for me. I have Dell laptop with i7 processor and GeForce GT 630M graphic card. I faced a problem of low FPS even at all lower setting. As a solution i updated GeForce GT 630M driver and problem solved. Now i can play at all high setting with minor lag.

Verdict: If you have good possessor and graphic card which are capable of playing AC4BF and facing lag issue, just update driver and you are done.

Enjoy.. Happy gaming...
m
0
l
3 minutes ago

Sry for reviving old thread. But I always turn off vsync (same as this game) and i never have screen tearing. I had awfull fps at this game before turning off vsync. I have gtx 760 and i7 860 and 1440x900 60 Hz
This is really wired that i had never had screen tearing!
m
0
l
!