Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

R9 280x Vs GTX 770 and GTX-780

Tags:
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 16, 2013 1:47:22 AM

plz help me select a GPU for a high end gaming build and also video editing.
Thanks

More about : 280x gtx 770 gtx 780

November 16, 2013 2:16:20 AM

the gtx 770 would be best bang/buck.
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 2:18:40 AM

You will truly be getting what you are paying for here, but I do feel that you have chosen to leave out a pretty big player on the market. The 290 (Not 290X) is both cheaper and in most cases better than the 780 GTX. I you are contemplating a GPU in that price class then you might aswell take what you will get most bang-for-the-buck with - Which is the R9 290.

When it comes to video editing, all of the rendering you will be doing is CPU based anyway, so really it doesnt matter much about which GPU you will be using for the actual editing, they will perform aprox the same.

So my vote goes on: R9 290.
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 16, 2013 2:23:11 AM

madsmagnus said:
You will truly be getting what you are paying for here, but I do feel that you have chosen to leave out a pretty big player on the market. The 290 (Not 290X) is both cheaper and in most cases better than the 780 GTX. I you are contemplating a GPU in that price class then you might aswell take what you will get most bang-for-the-buck with - Which is the R9 290.

When it comes to video editing, all of the rendering you will be doing is CPU based anyway, so really it doesnt matter much about which GPU you will be using for the actual editing, they will perform aprox the same.

So my vote goes on: R9 290.
agreed the 290 is what i would get if i upgraded. only reason to get the GTX is if your video edditing software supports cuda. if not 290 all day son.

m
0
l

Best solution

November 16, 2013 2:27:56 AM

Sam666 said:
plz help me select a GPU for a high end gaming build and also video editing.
Thanks


Oh god not again .LOL
GTX-780 is better option if you have money if not then 770 if low then that then 280x
Now plz buy what i suggested you.LOL
Share
November 16, 2013 2:31:18 AM

Alpha-Black said:
Sam666 said:
plz help me select a GPU for a high end gaming build and also video editing.
Thanks


Oh god not again .LOL
GTX-780 is better option if you have money if not then 770 if low then that then 280x
Now plz buy what i suggested you.LOL
the 770 and 280x are so close in performance and price you turd. LOL

m
0
l
!