Solved

What Cpu Fan would Fit in Micro Atx Case?

Okay so i have this Case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147099

Im trying to get a good cpu fan i was planning on water cooling but the case only allows me to mount a 90mm fan on the rear. then i was planning on going with Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO but i don't think it will fit the case so now i have to find a good cpu fan to use any ideas? No Budget and AMD FM2 socket to be cooling this cpu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113281 Thanks in advance
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cpu fan fit micro atx case
  1. A good write up just published, should fix you right up making the right decision on what to use....
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html
  2. Noctua NH-L9a is low profile and it will fit on your case and socket.
  3. Best answer
    I'm pretty sure the CPU cooler would fit. I also have a Hyper 212 evo, and I think my case is even more narrow than yours.
    However, this does not support 120mm fans.
    Furthermore, it's a good idea to use liquid cooling with a ATX case, because you need space for all the components.
    So get a ATX computer case. And if the width is greater than 6.4", your Hyper 212 will fit. Mine is 6.5", and it did.
  4. endeavour37a said:
    A good write up just published, should fix you right up making the right decision on what to use....
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/low-profile-heat-sink-mini-itx,3639.html

    Thanks, i did a little reading i like some of the fans there just doing a little extra research on the ones i like
  5. maurelie said:
    Noctua NH-L9a is low profile and it will fit on your case and socket.


    Will i be able to game? i really only play Wow and League of legends but i just don't want the processor to over heat as the stock fan i have right now is letting it over heat and shut my computer down. i want something that will keep it cool while i play
  6. hammereditor said:
    I'm pretty sure the CPU cooler would fit. I also have a Hyper 212 evo, and I think my case is even more narrow than yours.
    However, this does not support 120mm fans.
    Furthermore, it's a good idea to use liquid cooling with a ATX case, because you need space for all the components.
    So get a ATX computer case. And if the width is greater than 6.4", your Hyper 212 will fit. Mine is 6.5", and it did.


    Thanks for your help, yeah i would really like to throw in the hyper evo man i think ill probably give it a try my width is 7" just measured from the outside not the inside so maybe slightly 6.8"
  7. Hi, i was sitting with a similar problem and came upon the Cooler Master V4GTS, solved the problem for me.
Ask a new question

Read More

Cases CPUs ATX