Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Build For New Computer Good?

Tags:
  • Computers
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
November 16, 2013 5:01:12 PM

Hello all! I am going to a build a computer,now that black friday is here!!!
Can you tell me if these parts are fine for my budget. Thank You!

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel

INTERNAL HARDDRIVE:Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Desktop Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model

VIDEO CARD:EVGA GeForce GTX770 SuperClocked with EVGA ACX Cooler, 2GB GDDR5 256bit, DL DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, SLI Ready Graphics Cards

SSD:SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

POWER SUPPLY: CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready
(I am going to sli later on so im buying the powersupply,instead of wasting more in the future)

FAN: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - CPU Cooler with 120 mm PWM Fan

COMPUTER CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

More about : build computer good

November 16, 2013 5:05:32 PM

Everything looks pretty good. Biggest thing will be to keep an eye on the Ram pricing. If you can get 1866 or 2133 for the same price as 1600, still with a CAS 9 latency I'd jump on it. It happens fairly regularly, so keep an eye out. Also, depending on the prices, you might think about dropping down to the 840 Evo instead of the Pro. Decent savings in price, and the performance is still great. I don't think I'd spend the extra money for a Pro over the Evo honestly.

Nice choice on the 770 too. And I also assume you'll be buying a 3570k Cpu?
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 5:06:14 PM

The PSu is overkill even for SLI. 750w will be more than enough.

You have no CPU listed.

Everything else looks good. Just throw in an i5 4670k and change the motherboard to an z87 board and you are good to go.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 16, 2013 5:08:23 PM

You didn't post up a CPU. But everything looks good.
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 5:10:14 PM

Swordkd said:
Everything looks pretty good. Biggest thing will be to keep an eye on the Ram pricing. If you can get 1866 or 2133 for the same price as 1600, still with a CAS 9 latency I'd jump on it. It happens fairly regularly, so keep an eye out. Also, depending on the prices, you might think about dropping down to the 840 Evo instead of the Pro. Decent savings in price, and the performance is still great. I don't think I'd spend the extra money for a Pro over the Evo honestly.

Nice choice on the 770 too. And I also assume you'll be buying a 3570k Cpu?


Yes I am and thank you for the input!
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 5:10:36 PM

tiny voices said:
The PSu is overkill even for SLI. 750w will be more than enough.

You have no CPU listed.

Everything else looks good. Just throw in an i5 4670k and change the motherboard to an z87 board and you are good to go.


Ops, forgot to incluse the cpu,I wanted the i5-3570k and I will overclock! So tiny? 3570k or 4670?
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 5:12:05 PM

4670k. Simply because it is newer and on a new socket.
m
0
l

Best solution

November 16, 2013 5:13:06 PM

The 3570k is a more consistent overclocker, and generates less heat than the 4670k. However, given the same overclock a 4670k will outperform a 3570k. Now the price difference between the two is about 10-20 dollars for Cpu/Motherboard total. I'd plan on getting a 4670k honestly, unless there is a great price difference between the two. Regardless, you'd be thrilled with the performance of either one.
Share
November 16, 2013 5:16:41 PM

tiny voices said:
4670k. Simply because it is newer and on a new socket.


Very well then! I will go with the 4670! Thank you.
m
0
l
November 16, 2013 5:17:41 PM

Swordkd said:
The 3570k is a more consistent overclocker, and generates less heat than the 4670k. However, given the same overclock a 4670k will outperform a 3570k. Now the price difference between the two is about 10-20 dollars for Cpu/Motherboard total. I'd plan on getting a 4670k honestly, unless there is a great price difference between the two. Regardless, you'd be thrilled with the performance of either one.


Im going with the 4670k then :)  Thank you both for the time and help!! I hope you two a very fine day.
m
0
l
!