Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best PC gaming headset for under £30

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 17, 2013 7:55:33 AM

Hello, I'm looking to buy a gaming headset for £30 or under. I would like it to have decent audio quality as I plan to skype a lot. I don't have a sound card so a usb headset would be nice but I'm not too fussed about that. A braided wire would be nice but again I'm not too fussed about that either. I've been looking at the gioteck ex05 for a while but I'm still not sure if thats the best for the price. - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gioteck-Wired-Multi-Format-Head...

If you suggest please link to a UK website e.g. amazon.co.uk

More about : gaming headset

November 17, 2013 8:01:46 AM

Don't buy that. I have one. Not liking it. Push your budget a bit more (not really that much) and you can get a Razer Electra which is what I'm using. Beats Giotech 10 times over.

Not only that, it's more convenient since it uses a stereo head compared to Giotech's USB. You can't use it with ipods, mp3's etc.
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 8:20:09 AM

chocostain said:
Don't buy that. I have one. Not liking it. Push your budget a bit more (not really that much) and you can get a Razer Electra which is what I'm using. Beats Giotech 10 times over.

Not only that, it's more convenient since it uses a stereo head compared to Giotech's USB. You can't use it with ipods, mp3's etc.


It looks good but has no microphone, the mic is a essential for me
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
November 17, 2013 8:31:57 AM

Plantronics GameCom 380 >>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0P2-000...

I'd go for this. Plantronics GameCom series are really good in my opinion. Here's a review if you're interested: http://dustycartridge.com/reviews/plantronics-gamecom-3...

EDIT: So I realized that you're from the UK, here's a list of various modded 380 versions on Amazon UK, some below the budget point - some slightly above >>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-ali...
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 11:18:52 AM

There's Razer Kraken. Believe me you will not regret this.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 17, 2013 11:32:23 AM

chocostain said:
There's Razer Kraken. Believe me you will not regret this.


This, the Kraken will also last a while. I had one that lasted 1.5+ years.
m
0
l
November 17, 2013 12:31:08 PM

Yes. Not badmouthing giotech but the quality is just so-so. If you're going to buy it because you need a mic, you might as well buy a regular headset with mic. There's no difference.

m
0
l

Best solution

November 18, 2013 8:25:44 AM

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-GameCom-Gaming-Head....

It's ever so slightly above your budget (less than £10) but this things get really good reviews and it comes packed with 7.1 surround a noise cancelling mic, etc.

There are also many Corsair options within that budget of yours, like the HS30 and 40. The corsair ones look a LOT better if you're willing to spend £5 more.

Corsair Raptor HS40 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Raptor-Comfortable-Gami...

Corsair Raptor HS30 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Raptor-Analog-Comfortab...

The only difference between the two is that the HS40 has 7.1 Surround, whereas the HS30 doesn't.
Share
November 18, 2013 9:11:17 AM

The corsair ones look good and not too over budge like the kraken is, which do you think is better usb or the normal one? And is the mic quality good?

m
0
l
November 18, 2013 9:55:37 AM

FlusherBox said:
The corsair ones look good and not too over budge like the kraken is, which do you think is better usb or the normal one? And is the mic quality good?



The headset actually came out a few days ago.
Here is the overview and mic test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TeykmapENA
m
0
l
November 18, 2013 10:08:24 AM

Derppppp said:
FlusherBox said:
The corsair ones look good and not too over budge like the kraken is, which do you think is better usb or the normal one? And is the mic quality good?



The headset actually came out a few days ago.
Here is the overview and mic test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TeykmapENA


Yeah I'm really liking this headset, and I found a great price at currys which is over £10 cheaper than amazon!
m
0
l
November 18, 2013 10:11:05 AM

FlusherBox said:
Derppppp said:
FlusherBox said:
The corsair ones look good and not too over budge like the kraken is, which do you think is better usb or the normal one? And is the mic quality good?



The headset actually came out a few days ago.
Here is the overview and mic test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TeykmapENA


Yeah I'm really liking this headset, and I found a great price at currys which is over £10 cheaper than amazon!


Yeah, I know. It's weird. It seems headsets are cheaper at Currys than anywhere else. I saw some Vengeance 2000s at Currys for substantially cheaper.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2013 4:47:48 PM

linckmichael said:
Plantronics GameCom 380 >>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0P2-000...

I'd go for this. Plantronics GameCom series are really good in my opinion. Here's a review if you're interested: http://dustycartridge.com/reviews/plantronics-gamecom-3...

EDIT: So I realized that you're from the UK, here's a list of various modded 380 versions on Amazon UK, some below the budget point - some slightly above >>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-ali...

This, solid headset for the price!
m
0
l
November 18, 2013 11:52:59 PM

Now I don't know whether to get the 380s or the HS40 they both look great.
m
0
l
November 19, 2013 9:08:21 AM

HS40s have 7.1 surround, the 380s are stereo headsets.
m
0
l
November 19, 2013 11:18:43 PM

Derppppp said:
HS40s have 7.1 surround, the 380s are stereo headsets.


Yeah I think i'll go for the HS40s!


m
0
l
November 19, 2013 11:19:15 PM

Thanks to everyone that commented! I'll be buying the HS40
m
0
l
!