Solved

I got a wireless phone I want to hook up to my box, which is a router/modem in one.

I got two wired computers connected to the box, and I can't ocnnect to the wireless part of the box through the internet to configure the wifi settings, I don'tk now what to do. I need the SSID and password but I can't get to it since I can't access the box's wireless settings since the only computers I have to do that with are hard wired.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about wireless phone hook box router modem
  1. Almost all current routers have wireless administration turned off by default. This is a good thing.

    You need to log in to the router settings via a wired connection.
  2. USAFRet said:
    Almost all current routers have wireless administration turned off by default. This is a good thing.

    You need to log in to the router settings via a wired connection.

    How do I do that?
  3. Luke Linahan said:
    USAFRet said:
    Almost all current routers have wireless administration turned off by default. This is a good thing.

    You need to log in to the router settings via a wired connection.

    How do I do that?


    PC -> ethernet cable -> router.
    Log in with the username/password.
    See what the wireless settings are.
  4. The PC IS connected to the router. it's one box, that functions as a wireless and wired box. the ethernet is already plugged into it.
  5. Luke Linahan said:
    The PC IS connected to the router. it's one box, that functions as a wireless and wired box. the ethernet is already plugged into it.


    OK.
    So log in to the router admin screen.
    See what the wifi SSID and password is.
    Input that into your wireless device.
  6. Now how do I do that.
  7. Luke Linahan said:
    Now how do I do that.


    Via a PC that is connected to the router. Open a browser, and enter 192.168.1.1 (probably).

    See what happens.
  8. Nothing, Google chrome goes "Oops did you mean....". There are two pc's hard wired into the box, it's currently being used as a modem, id on't know how to somehow...activate the wireless part of it so i can access the settings, all i know is that I'm able to do that from a wifi pc, but i don't have one
  9. Best answer
    Luke Linahan said:
    Nothing, Google chrome goes "Oops did you mean....". There are two pc's hard wired into the box, it's currently being used as a modem, id on't know how to somehow...activate the wireless part of it so i can access the settings, all i know is that I'm able to do that from a wifi pc, but i don't have one


    OK
    To further diagnose and assist, I think we need a full description of what you have and what you are trying to do.

    Wired/Wireless
    router-modem make and model
    What is currently connected
    What you are trying to connect with
    Can the 2 PCs connected get to the router admin screen?
    ....all that kind of stuff
Ask a new question

Read More

Wireless Computers The Box Wireless Network