7950 price difference?

egocentric

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013
Hello.

I've recently though of getting the 7870 GHZ edition for my AMD build but a lot of people reccomemnded getting the 7950 instead, so looking at prices, the Club 7950 is about 200 euros but ASUS and Sapphire are around 260-290? Why is that? Should I go for the 200 euro one or just go with the Sapphire 7870? Thanks :)

Solution
As you live in EU we got the "inner market" a law implemented in EU, which makes it possible to move items across countries with no or less boundries. It's made to decrease import from outside of EU.

Club 3D is a dutch company (member of EU), while ASUS and Sapphire aren't. That does affect the price a bit and you should not hesitate to buy from Club 3D. They make quality GPUs.

I would advice you to get the Club 7950, it makes no sense spending so much more while the difference is minor in terms of performance over ASUS or Sapphire. Don't get the Radeon 7870. The Radeon 7950 has so much more to offer in terms of performance and it is an excellent overclocker, so you can push even more performance out of it.

As you live in EU we got the "inner market" a law implemented in EU, which makes it possible to move items across countries with no or less boundries. It's made to decrease import from outside of EU.

Club 3D is a dutch company (member of EU), while ASUS and Sapphire aren't. That does affect the price a bit and you should not hesitate to buy from Club 3D. They make quality GPUs.

I would advice you to get the Club 7950, it makes no sense spending so much more while the difference is minor in terms of performance over ASUS or Sapphire. Don't get the Radeon 7870. The Radeon 7950 has so much more to offer in terms of performance and it is an excellent overclocker, so you can push even more performance out of it.

Solution

egocentric

Honorable
Nov 9, 2013

Thank You, excellent answer! :)