Graphics card fight Help Please I'm completely lost

Hey everybody I need your help i wanna upgrade my graphics card and i'm lost because there is a lot of new graphics card. So I want you to help me to choose one of this card or better:
R9 280X or HD 7970 or GTX 770

my PC specs:
CPU: Phenom II X6 1090t
Motherboard: msi 880gm-e41 it's bad one (please check the board specs on msi website and tell me if it need upgrade too).
RAM:4 GB ddr3 1333
GPU: HD 6670
hard drive 300GB
Power supply: 850W A-Power

please tell me the best chooses I have or it's better to get PS4 ?
13 answers Last reply
More about graphics card fight completely lost
  1. They are all in the same performance group with 770>280X>=7970. Your old phenom will have struggles keeping up unless overclocked.
  2. rolli59 said:
    They are all in the same performance group with 770>280X>=7970. Your old phenom will have struggles keeping up unless overclocked.


    So I will buy GTX 770 it comes with it assassin's creed black flag and batman. But I heard someone say that if you have amd board and cpu it's better to put amd graphics card. Is it much better to buy amd card?

    One more thing I can't upgrade anything in my pc only the graphics card and ram after one year maybe I have to change the board and cpu what i'm trying to say i don't wanna keep upgrade my pc for next four three years.
    So what if i get PS4 is it better ?
  3. AMD and Nvidia work equally good with AMD CPU's! If you upgrade the GPU now that is one expensive piece done when you upgrade CPU and board.
    PS4 is if you want to be a console gamer, so you will have to answer that question yourself.
  4. rolli59 said:
    AMD and Nvidia work equally good with AMD CPU's! If you upgrade the GPU now that is one expensive piece done when you upgrade CPU and board.
    PS4 is if you want to be a console gamer, so you will have to answer that question yourself.


    Okay :/ . So what do you think is better GTX 770 2GB with assassin's creed IV and batman and splinter cell or R9 280X 3GB
  5. If you want those games go for the 770. Performance wise they are very similar.
  6. But i can't upgrade my motherboard and cpu for next two years.
  7. Well go lower then GTX760!
  8. 850W A-Power < that could be a problem. no name brand psu's wont last long driving high powered gpu's. chances are its not a true 850w psu. what are the amperage specs of the 12v label on the side of the PSU?
  9. iam2thecrowe said:
    850W A-Power < that could be a problem. no name brand psu's wont last long driving high powered gpu's. chances are its not a true 850w psu. what are the amperage specs of the 12v label on the side of the PSU?


    This is the power supply I have:
    http://images.marketplaceadvisor.channeladvisor.com/hi/73/72897/ak850-lb55.jpg

    But i don't have enough money to do upgrade i can only buy graphics card or PS4

    which is better this pc :
    CPU: phenom II X6 1090t 9MB cash
    GPU: R9 280x
    Motherboard: MSI E41 880GM
    HDD: 160GB X2
    Power supply : 850W apower AK series
    RAM: 4GB

    OR

    PS4:
    CPU: AMD 8 cores
    RAM: 8GB
    etc.

    I can only upgrade the ram and graphics card.
    What is the best for my solution.
    Note: I have few problems with the motherboard it gives me 1.4GHz CPU speed it should be 3.2GHz and the sound not working as it's should.
  10. which one better guys sapphire R9 280x 3GB Toxic or msi GTX 770 gaming 2GB.
    do I need more than 2gb and what card is better for future please help.
    I have LED monitor 19 Inch DVI resolution 1360x768 (I might buy a new monitor in future).
  11. No need for more than 2GB up to 1080P res, really buy the cheaper one (taking games into account) since they are very close in performance.
  12. rolli59 said:
    No need for more than 2GB up to 1080P res, really buy the cheaper one (taking games into account) since they are very close in performance.


    They are the same price right now. So what i should buy.
  13. GTX770!
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Motherboards Graphics