Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

2000$ gaming/work computer (first build, any opinions)

Last response: in Systems
Share
November 18, 2013 2:25:15 PM

hi im trying to build my first computer and i was wondering if i have a good build any ideas and what should i improve?

This is my pc so far
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24rBM

November 18, 2013 2:31:52 PM

shadow2728 said:
hi im trying to build my first computer and i was wondering if i have a good build any ideas and what should i improve?

This is my pc so far
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24rBM



Well i find the gtx 770 to be really weak for a 2000$ build, get at least a r9 290, also i dont like "gaming headsets" youre better with some good sennheisers.

P.D: Personally i would go nvidia 3d vision, but thats me, im a really 3d guy
m
0
l

Best solution

a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2013 2:33:36 PM

Get i5 and save around $100
The Samsung Evo is good too and it's new. Not worth the extra $32 for a puny 8GB extra in storage
Spend a bit more on graphics and grab a R9-290
Keyboard and headset are overpriced and there is no need to spend that much on it.


PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($99.99 @ TigerDirect)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($69.70 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: HIS Radeon R9 290X 4GB Video Card ($549.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($106.50 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit - OEM (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VX279Q 60Hz 27.0" Monitor ($240.00 @ Newegg)
Keyboard: Logitech G105 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($39.99 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G500s Laser Gaming Mouse Wired Laser Mouse ($54.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1920.09
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-18 18:03 EST-0500)

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24sYQ

Share
Related resources
November 18, 2013 3:02:52 PM

lp231 said:
Get i5 and save around $100
The Samsung Evo is good too and it's new. Not worth the extra $32 for a puny 8GB extra in storage
Spend a bit more on graphics and grab a R9-290
Keyboard and headset are overpriced and there is no need to spend that much on it.



What keyboard and headset would you recommend?(i really would like a wireless headset)
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2013 4:27:21 PM

_guillem said:
shadow2728 said:
hi im trying to build my first computer and i was wondering if i have a good build any ideas and what should i improve?

This is my pc so far
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/24rBM



Well i find the gtx 770 to be really weak for a 2000$ build, get at least a r9 290, also i dont like "gaming headsets" youre better with some good sennheisers.

P.D: Personally i would go nvidia 3d vision, but thats me, im a really 3d guy

This, with 2K you should be able to get a R9 290.

m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
November 18, 2013 6:56:53 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($225.99 @ NCIX US)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 98.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($117.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($69.70 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card ($499.99 @ Amazon)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Mwave)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
Monitor: Asus VE278H 27.0" Monitor ($243.00 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition Wired Gaming Keyboard ($69.99 @ TigerDirect)
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse ($52.99 @ Amazon)
Headphones: Astro A40 7.1 Channel Headset ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $2003.58
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-18 21:54 EST-0500)

This is what I would do with 2k. Something to consider.
m
0
l
November 18, 2013 7:58:02 PM

what cooler should i use for the R9 290 because i read its a really hot card and makes alot of noise
m
0
l
!