7950 hd gone up in price

gatista1234

Honorable
Nov 3, 2013
i was going to buy a 7950hd this week but i noticed theyve gone up in price then what i last remember a month ago why is this and will it go back down

Solution
thats because the newer series of cards like the 280x and 270 are performing the same or better then this card.

The 7*** series are running out and probably not producing them anymore, now that we know the newer cards perform almost the same, it is logical to get the price back up.

The sellers just quickly wanted to sell this card before the new line-up would show up, im affraid no more drops can be expected.

DragonChase

Honorable
May 22, 2013
thats because the newer series of cards like the 280x and 270 are performing the same or better then this card.

The 7*** series are running out and probably not producing them anymore, now that we know the newer cards perform almost the same, it is logical to get the price back up.

The sellers just quickly wanted to sell this card before the new line-up would show up, im affraid no more drops can be expected.

Solution

fy003

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

It is economics of the market. Demand/Supply. Ring a bell.

bungfinger

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

this makes absolutely zero sense.. if the new cards are the same or better in performance and cost less AND are newer versions which would have a longer life cycle WHY would people pay more for an older card? supply and demand is a much more logical answer _ due to the fact that people with a single 7950 would be willing to shell out the bucks to crossfire them_ and the bitcoin mining craze