Solved

benefits of overclocking versus sli

the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
thanks chibiturasu
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about benefits overclocking versus sli
  1. Best answer
    With SLI your generally assured a reasonably high percentage of FPS (25% - 50%?) increase. With OC unless you go exotic, you'll be lucky to see 10% and will likely just shorten the lifespan of your hardware or make it unstable.
  2. overclocking is free. but you never know if it would work or not until you try it.
  3. warezme said:
    With SLI your generally assured a reasonably high percentage of FPS (25% - 50%?) increase. With OC unless you go exotic, you'll be lucky to see 10% and will likely just shorten the lifespan of your hardware or make it unstable.


    ah ok thx ill take that into consideration my friend oc'ed his 580 so i was wondering if spending the extra little bit would be worth it and if it's more proven i might just buy 2 670s or something anyways im rambleing not so in short thx :)
    ~chibiturasu~
  4. rgd1101 said:
    overclocking is free. but you never know if it would work or not until you try it.


    ya i guess so it's free versus twice the money
  5. chibiturasu said:
    the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
    thanks chibiturasu


    You will get way more performance in sli...Which 2 cards are you looking at
  6. determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
    thanks chibiturasu


    You will get way more performance in sli...Which 2 cards are you looking at


    2 780ti's or 760 both 4gb
  7. chibiturasu said:
    determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
    thanks chibiturasu


    You will get way more performance in sli...Which 2 cards are you looking at


    2 780ti's or 760 both 4gb


    The 780ti is only 3gb but the performance in sli will be alot more then 2 760s..With your resolution 2 760s will work which is higher then a 780 but depends on what you looking for. If you want the best of the best go for the 780ti in sli
  8. determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
    thanks chibiturasu


    You will get way more performance in sli...Which 2 cards are you looking at


    2 780ti's or 760 both 4gb


    The 780ti is only 3gb but the performance in sli will be alot more then 2 760s..With your resolution 2 760s will work which is higher then a 780 but depends on what you looking for. If you want the best of the best go for the 780ti in sli

    honestly im leaning more to wards the dual 760s
  9. chibiturasu said:
    determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
    thanks chibiturasu


    You will get way more performance in sli...Which 2 cards are you looking at


    2 780ti's or 760 both 4gb


    The 780ti is only 3gb but the performance in sli will be alot more then 2 760s..With your resolution 2 760s will work which is higher then a 780 but depends on what you looking for. If you want the best of the best go for the 780ti in sli

    honestly im leaning more to wards the dual 760s


    Nice the performance will be around a gtx 780/tian and for 1080p honestly you wont have any problems for the most part
  10. determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    determinologyz said:
    chibiturasu said:
    the title says it all wonder if befor i make my first build
    thanks chibiturasu


    You will get way more performance in sli...Which 2 cards are you looking at


    2 780ti's or 760 both 4gb


    The 780ti is only 3gb but the performance in sli will be alot more then 2 760s..With your resolution 2 760s will work which is higher then a 780 but depends on what you looking for. If you want the best of the best go for the 780ti in sli

    honestly im leaning more to wards the dual 760s


    Nice the performance will be around a gtx 780/tian and for 1080p honestly you wont have any problems for the most part


    wow thats good to know when im done making a build ill make a post and ill link it from this one then let me know what ya thinks :P
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking SLI Build