Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Budget game pc GPU choise

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 20, 2013 7:13:56 AM

im building a game pc and i don't know what GPU i should buy?.

this are the GPU's in my budget:

HD 7950 Club3d
MSI GTX 760
MSI GTX 660
R9 270x (toxic or MSI)
and lower :) 


pc Specs: (i dont have them but this is what im gonna buy i think)

Intel Core i5 4570
GIGABYTE Z87X D3H
GPU -
8 GB 1600 MHz
kingston v300 120 GB SSD
Corsair CX 750W
Corsair 300r Window Edition
Windows 7 (or 8)

im playing most time Minecraft but also TDU2, Trainsimulator 2014, BF3 and Call of Duty

(srry for my english im dutch.)


More about : budget game gpu choise

November 20, 2013 7:17:40 AM

I would go for the Radeon HD7950. It's a very powerful card, albeit now one generation behind with the release of the R9 series.
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 7:24:03 AM

HD 7950 or GTX 760 are the best cards on the list. The HD 750 having the edge in my opinion. Do you have the option of the R9 280?

At 1080p, both cards will do very well. The HD 7950 can easily be OCed.

m
0
l
Related resources
November 20, 2013 7:34:17 AM

Not to mention that the 7950 tends to perform better than the 760 at ultra-high resolutions.
Although, if you want PhysX but a few less FPS, go with the 760. I don't believe the games you listed have it, though, so the 7950 would still be just as viable.
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 7:42:05 AM

ok thnx and no the R9 280x is + €50 so yeah

also i have a 27" 1080p screen that is maybe important but i think of the 7950 the 3GB can be useful for multiple screens!?
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 7:50:54 AM

Look to see if you have the R9 280 (no x) version avaible. It is the newer version of the 7950.

The HD 7950 is still your best performace option out of thoe listed. It well do well with you monitor.
m
0
l
a b À AMD
a b Î Nvidia
November 20, 2013 7:54:31 AM

Aartjan mulder said:
im building a game pc and i don't know what GPU i should buy?.

this are the GPU's in my budget:

HD 7950 Club3d
MSI GTX 760
MSI GTX 660
R9 270x (toxic or MSI)
and lower :) 


pc Specs: (i dont have them but this is what im gonna buy i think)

Intel Core i5 4570
GIGABYTE Z87X D3H
GPU -
8 GB 1600 MHz
kingston v300 120 GB SSD
Corsair CX 750W
Corsair 300r Window Edition
Windows 7 (or 8)

im playing most time Minecraft but also TDU2, Trainsimulator 2014, BF3 and Call of Duty

(srry for my english im dutch.)




-If you are not planing in the future to buy unlocked processor or SLI/Crossfire, you can go with H87 or B85 motherboard, they are cheaper.
-Go with maximum 600w PSU (Corsair(avoid CX), XFX, SeaSonic)
-Gigabyte Z87X D3H is about 120 eur., you can save up to 40-50 eur. with Asrock H87 Pro 4 or Gigabute B85-HD3, and have the money to get R9 280X.
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 8:16:43 AM

maurelie said:
Aartjan mulder said:
im building a game pc and i don't know what GPU i should buy?.

this are the GPU's in my budget:

HD 7950 Club3d
MSI GTX 760
MSI GTX 660
R9 270x (toxic or MSI)
and lower :) 


pc Specs: (i dont have them but this is what im gonna buy i think)

Intel Core i5 4570
GIGABYTE Z87X D3H
GPU -
8 GB 1600 MHz
kingston v300 120 GB SSD
Corsair CX 750W
Corsair 300r Window Edition
Windows 7 (or 8)

im playing most time Minecraft but also TDU2, Trainsimulator 2014, BF3 and Call of Duty

(srry for my english im dutch.)




-If you are not planing in the future to buy unlocked processor or SLI/Crossfire, you can go with H87 or B85 motherboard, they are cheaper.
-Go with maximum 600w PSU (Corsair(avoid CX), XFX, SeaSonic)
-Gigabyte Z87X D3H is about 120 eur., you can save up to 40-50 eur. with Asrock H87 Pro 4 or Gigabute B85-HD3, and have the money to get R9 280X.


thnx but the z87x is 121 euro and the z87 h3d is 115 and i want to upgrade my pc later so i like the SLI and crossfire option and i don't gonna over clock ! i like Nvidia bu is it worth it if im not use Physx and the price is like the same
m
0
l
November 20, 2013 5:39:15 PM

Aartjan mulder said:
maurelie said:
Aartjan mulder said:
im building a game pc and i don't know what GPU i should buy?.

this are the GPU's in my budget:

HD 7950 Club3d
MSI GTX 760
MSI GTX 660
R9 270x (toxic or MSI)
and lower :) 


pc Specs: (i dont have them but this is what im gonna buy i think)

Intel Core i5 4570
GIGABYTE Z87X D3H
GPU -
8 GB 1600 MHz
kingston v300 120 GB SSD
Corsair CX 750W
Corsair 300r Window Edition
Windows 7 (or 8)

im playing most time Minecraft but also TDU2, Trainsimulator 2014, BF3 and Call of Duty

(srry for my english im dutch.)




-If you are not planing in the future to buy unlocked processor or SLI/Crossfire, you can go with H87 or B85 motherboard, they are cheaper.
-Go with maximum 600w PSU (Corsair(avoid CX), XFX, SeaSonic)
-Gigabyte Z87X D3H is about 120 eur., you can save up to 40-50 eur. with Asrock H87 Pro 4 or Gigabute B85-HD3, and have the money to get R9 280X.


thnx but the z87x is 121 euro and the z87 h3d is 115 and i want to upgrade my pc later so i like the SLI and crossfire option and i don't gonna over clock ! i like Nvidia bu is it worth it if im not use Physx and the price is like the same


A 750W PSu will do fine. If it is semi-modular or modular (I currently can't check), it would be nice for having, per se, some Molex's you could simply plug in and use for LED's. Cable management and aesthetics are better as well. It also gives room for upgrading in the future. As with storage, power usage is going up and up.
m
0
l
!