HP 110-023W, Please help with any/all upgrade options.

BlueScion

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
I just purchased this combo system from Walmart and noticed it has onboard Intel graphics (which is what I wanted so I can purchase a graphics card in the future.)

Is there anyone that can help me know what if any upgrades are available for this system?

Solution
Yes, that's ok, but it means a complete rebuild of your computer and you'd need to also purchase a new copy of Windows for installation. What you need to look for in a new computer are the computer specs where is says expansion slots. The computer should have at least 1 PCI-Ex16 expansion (or graphic card) slot.

Looking at Walmart descriptions, expansion slots are listed in the, "Additional Features" section and listed like the following example:

3 x PCI Express (x1) slots, 1 x PCI Express (x16) slot, 1 x PCI Express (x1) mini socket slot

-Wolf sends

BlueScion

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Okay, can you please tell me how I would go about choosing a proper motherboard and PSU?

I guess I'm going to keep everything I have and just upgrade the mobo, PSU and eventually in the future the graphics card.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yes, that's ok, but it means a complete rebuild of your computer and you'd need to also purchase a new copy of Windows for installation. What you need to look for in a new computer are the computer specs where is says expansion slots. The computer should have at least 1 PCI-Ex16 expansion (or graphic card) slot.

Looking at Walmart descriptions, expansion slots are listed in the, "Additional Features" section and listed like the following example:

3 x PCI Express (x1) slots, 1 x PCI Express (x16) slot, 1 x PCI Express (x1) mini socket slot

-Wolf sends

Solution

BlueScion

Honorable
Nov 20, 2013
Wolf, I really appreciate it. :) After 8 years Army I'm going to college for Web Design now and while the specifications have changed since the 90's (ATX & AGP was only real option) I feel like an idgit sometimes.

I went to newegg, and found some stuff. :) Going to be using the rest of the interals in my new system to include this monitor. :)

nomadnine

Reputable
May 21, 2014
I just recently bought the same PC as well, "HP 110-023W" and am looking to upgrade the motherboard due to the stock one being pretty much worthless towards upgrading. I'm just wondering what you ended up doing with yours? I've looked around on newegg for a new motherboard but unsure what would work the best with this system.