Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

First Time Build! $1150 Budget, Would like to purchase today, advice please!!

Tags:
  • Corsair
  • Cooling
  • Systems
  • Motherboards
  • CPUs
Last response: in Systems
Share
November 20, 2013 10:46:41 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Hopefully today

Budget Range: 1,150 before rebates and hopefully before shipping, $50 in shipping would be alright.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Internet browsing, game play, for accounting/business usage(making invoices, placing orders, etc)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: This is a new build!

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg and Amazon. I am most familiar with those sites but would not be against others that are reliable.

Location: Fort Collins, Colorado

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, ASUS

Overclocking: Maybe later on..

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, hopefully

Additional Comments: I honestly would like a quiet, reliable and long lasting PC. I would also like a motherboard with wifi capabilities, though I would not mind having to fetch my own.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: My family's business needs a new computer and I need a new personal computer. I figured that since I really would like to do some light gaming I would just go ahead and build a dual purpose computer. I have looked around and I think I could build a really good computer for my budget!


I was thinking of using...

Motherboard: ASUS z87-Pro
CPU: Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz
Video Card:Sapphire Radeon HD7870
Memory: Seagate 1TB HDD
Power Supply: Corsair TX 750
Cooling: Corsair H100i(it feels a little irrelevant since I honestly won't be doing any extreme gaming. I would just like it to feel as if I tend well to my system)
RAM: Corsair Venegeance 8GB CL8
Optics Drive:LG SuperMultiDrive
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition.  
OS: Windows 8.1
Monitor: Acer G236HL Bbd 23-Inch Screen LCD-Lit Monitor

I really would appreciate advice or suggestions as far as putting my hardware together and my selected combination! ^-^ I'm really excited...

More about : time build 1150 budget purchase today advice

November 20, 2013 11:50:47 PM

SennylDrak said:
I was thinking of using...
Motherboard: ASUS z87-Pro
CPU: Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz
Video Card:Sapphire Radeon HD7870
Memory: Seagate 1TB HDD
Power Supply: Corsair TX 750
Cooling: Corsair H100i(it feels a little irrelevant since I honestly won't be doing any extreme gaming. I would just like it to feel as if I tend well to my system)
RAM: Corsair Venegeance 8GB CL8
Optics Drive:LG SuperMultiDrive
Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition.  

I really would appreciate advice or suggestions as far as putting my hardware together and my selected combination! ^-^ I'm really excited...


get a Cooler master hyper 212 evo instead of the h100i and put the money into a hd7950 or if not just get a r9 270x instead i mean my i7 4770k goes to 85 c max in aida64 with the cm 212 evo and it is @4.4ghz and idles @ around 35-46c
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 5:07:11 AM

Not that I am a master PC guru or anything but personally I would:

- Get a cheaper CPU
- Cheaper motherboard
- cheaper CPU cooler
- Use all the saved money for a better graphics card.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 21, 2013 6:42:36 AM

tyson2295 said:

get a Cooler master hyper 212 evo instead of the h100i and put the money into a hd7950 or if not just get a r9 270x instead i mean my i7 4770k goes to 85 c max in aida64 with the cm 212 evo and it is @4.4ghz and idles @ around 35-46c


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Is this the r9 270x you speak of? and what would be a good/cheaper MoBo that could use? I honestly really like the one I have since it has integrated wifi capabilities, ha.
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 12:31:41 PM

SennylDrak said:
tyson2295 said:

get a Cooler master hyper 212 evo instead of the h100i and put the money into a hd7950 or if not just get a r9 270x instead i mean my i7 4770k goes to 85 c max in aida64 with the cm 212 evo and it is @4.4ghz and idles @ around 35-46c


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Is this the r9 270x you speak of? and what would be a good/cheaper MoBo that could use? I honestly really like the one I have since it has integrated wifi capabilities, ha.


yes that is the r9 270x http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... mobo would be enough for you
m
0
l

Best solution

November 21, 2013 1:21:59 PM

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/263qA
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/263qA/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/263qA/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($196.49 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.98 @ OutletPC)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($66.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($116.10 @ Amazon)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB Video Card ($249.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case ($116.82 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($55.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($82.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1057.31
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-21 16:21 EST-0500)
Share
!