Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Helping my friend build his new Gaming Rig

Tags:
  • Gaming
  • Intel i7
  • Z87
  • SLI
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
  • Rig
  • Graphics Cards
  • Build
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 21, 2013 3:22:19 AM

Hi!

What SLI Configuration is best for gaming? 2-Way or 3-Way?

And what's the best Motherboard (Z87) and Video Cards for SLI?

Here are the other components for my friends' Rig:

Intel Core i7-4770K
32GB RAM
2TB HDD
1000W PSU

PS I'm looking at dynaquestpc.com since that we're from the Philippines. :) 

If you're going to ask what's his budget, it's P100,000 Pesos

More about : helping friend build gaming rig

November 21, 2013 3:29:13 AM

Also, he wants to OC the CPU. So add a CPU Cooler there.
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 3:30:52 AM

nvidia gtx 650 ti or amd Radeon R9 290X
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 225 4 Gaming
a c 499 U Graphics card
November 21, 2013 3:34:28 AM

Those aren't even in the same league, the 650 Ti is entry level and the 290x is high end

SLI GTX 660s or 760s would probably be your best options

Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A or Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA if within budget

Cooler: h100i for liquid cooling and Phanteks PH-TC12DX for air cooling
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 3:34:45 AM

hrgamer said:
nvidia gtx 650 ti or amd Radeon R9 290X

dude he wants an SLI Configuration. ;) 
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 3:40:18 AM

FOr SLI u hv supported GPU geforce gtx titan , geforce gtx 750ti and motherboard
Gigabyte GA_6PXSV4,
Gigabyte GA-6PXSV2
m
0
l
November 21, 2013 3:59:07 AM

hrgamer said:
FOr SLI u hv supported GPU geforce gtx titan , geforce gtx 750ti and motherboard
Gigabyte GA_6PXSV4,
Gigabyte GA-6PXSV2

dude there's no 750ti.
and my friend wants a double/triple graphics card (2/3-waySLI)
because with that titan, it's expensive for a 2/3-way sli config.
m
0
l
a c 225 4 Gaming
a c 499 U Graphics card
November 21, 2013 4:03:30 AM

Go with a 660 or 760 SLI setup, either of the ASUS mobos I mentioned will do the job fine (the Maximus for Tri SLI)

You could also get a single 780 or 780 Ti right now and SLI in future
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 21, 2013 4:12:33 AM

jabuscus said:
Hi!

What SLI Configuration is best for gaming? 2-Way or 3-Way?

And what's the best Motherboard (Z87) and Video Cards for SLI?

Here are the other components for my friends' Rig:

Intel Core i7-4770K
32GB RAM
2TB HDD
1000W PSU

PS I'm looking at dynaquestpc.com since that we're from the Philippines. :) 

If you're going to ask what's his budget, it's P100,000 Pesos


3 way is better than 2 way. But using single card is more better coz sli/crossfire have their issues.
Motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... (not only 3 way but 4 way)
GPU: GTX 780 Ti 3Gb.
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 2:35:44 AM

Anonymous said:
jabuscus said:
Hi!

What SLI Configuration is best for gaming? 2-Way or 3-Way?

And what's the best Motherboard (Z87) and Video Cards for SLI?

Here are the other components for my friends' Rig:

Intel Core i7-4770K
32GB RAM
2TB HDD
1000W PSU

PS I'm looking at dynaquestpc.com since that we're from the Philippines. :) 

If you're going to ask what's his budget, it's P100,000 Pesos


3 way is better than 2 way. But using single card is more better coz sli/crossfire have their issues.
Motherboard: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=... (not only 3 way but 4 way)
GPU: GTX 780 Ti 3Gb.

dude, you thought my friend's budgetwas $100,000? that ain't in dollars.
if you're going to convert it from peso to dollar:
P100,000 pesos = $2222 Dollars.
m
0
l
a c 225 4 Gaming
a c 499 U Graphics card
November 22, 2013 2:54:43 AM

That's still a big budget, SLI 780 Ti's and a powerful PSU should still be within budget
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 5:26:30 AM

rolandzhang3 said:
That's still a big budget, SLI 780 Ti's and a powerful PSU should still be within budget

but, at dynaquestpc.com (where we buy parts since that we're from the philippines), it's not yet available.
m
0
l
a c 225 4 Gaming
a c 499 U Graphics card
November 22, 2013 5:28:10 AM

Then SLI 780s would be the next best thing :D 
m
0
l
November 22, 2013 6:19:40 AM

rolandzhang3 said:
Then SLI 780s would be the next best thing :D 

Video Card, DONE.
The next thing is the Motherboard :3
m
0
l
a c 225 4 Gaming
a c 499 U Graphics card
November 22, 2013 6:45:23 AM

As already mentioned

ASUS Z87-A or Asus MAXIMUS VI FORMULA if within budget
m
0
l
!