Will a 300w PSU Handle Sapphire AMD HD7750 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card?

I'm going to buy Sapphire AMD HD7750 1GB DDR5 but I have a 300w PSU. My budget is £70 so I can't buy a PSU. I was just wondering if a 300w could handle it
My PC Specs is
CPU:Intel Core i3
GPU:Intel Hd Graphics
RAM:6gb
This is the link to the graphics card
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-HD7750-Retail-PCI-E-Graphics/dp/B00761YFPW/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1385059475&sr=1-1&keywords=7750
I am also going to use it for recording videos, Cinema 4D and Sony Vegas with it so please tell, it is near Christmas!!!!
37 answers Last reply
More about 300w psu handle sapphire amd hd7750 1gb ddr5 graphics card
  1. 300w is too low. Is the £70 for your GPU?
  2. Full system specs are needed(image of the power supply sticker if you can), not all 300 watt power supplies are built equal and i3 does not tell us what model of i3 it is.

    A quality 300 watt power supply would have no problems with a 7750(50 watt peak for those cards) and any i3/i5(should be under 100 watts) on the market.
  3. Ok, what should I look for on my PSU, amps or something else?
  4. intel i3 2130
    Internal 300W (100V-240V)
    •Form factor: Internal ATX
    •Total wattage: 300W
    •Nominal input voltage range: 200-240V/3A (50-60Hz)
    •Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)
    does this tell u anything
  5. intel i3 2130
    Internal 300W (100V-240V)
    •Form factor: Internal ATX
    •Total wattage: 300W
    •Nominal input voltage range: 200-240V/3A (50-60Hz)
    •Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)
    does this tell u anything
  6. Sorry, thought I had hit post before. Must have not gone.

    Your cpu takes very little power.

    You would need to know the amperage or wattage of the 12 volt rail(combined rating for multi rail power supplies.)

    example images

    Combined rated in max AMPs


    Combined rated in WATTs.


    amps x voltage = wattage
    and
    wattage / voltage = amps

    so either number works. 22 x 12 = 264 watts combined on the first and 288 / 12 = 24 amps for the second power supply. This makes the second one more powerful(but the first one is a small for factor power supply.).
  7. I don't really want to remove the case cover but one thing it is a HP psu and I heard that hp psu similarly same
  8. hp has used many power supplies over the years.

    removing the side cover will not hurt the system and you would have to do that to install a card either way.
  9. alright I am going to do it, here it goes
  10. I may be a month late, but I have the HD 7750 with a 220W psu, hasnt failed yet
  11. I have Dell Inspiron 620 slim tower with Intel i5 and 8 gb of ram

    I think it has a 250 watt power supply

    Would the 7750 work for me with my current stock psu
  12. Anonymous said:
    I have Dell Inspiron 620 slim tower with Intel i5 and 8 gb of ram

    I think it has a 250 watt power supply

    Would the 7750 work for me with my current stock psu


    Well I haven't had problems with it so far, with my 220W PSU, so I think you should be able to handle it too
  13. Captain75 said:
    Anonymous said:
    I have Dell Inspiron 620 slim tower with Intel i5 and 8 gb of ram

    I think it has a 250 watt power supply

    Would the 7750 work for me with my current stock psu


    Well I haven't had problems with it so far, with my 220W PSU, so I think you should be able to handle it too


    What kind of specs does your computer have
    CPU, ram etc
    Do ever run your computer with CPU and disk at max?
    I sometimes run a server and game at the same time
  14. My Specs:
    CPU: Intel i5 3470@ 3.2GHz
    GPU: HD 7750 Low Profile 1GB DDR5
    Ram: 8GB DDR3
    PSU: 220W

    I have had it run at almost maxed, and I did run MC servers while playing Battlefield 4
  15. Thanks

    What 7750 did you get

    Sapphire visiontec etc
  16. im not sure what he got but you'll want an XFX, sapphire or ATI or at very least a gigabyte card.

    any one of them 4 and you'll be good to go,
    hope this helps
  17. Anonymous said:
    Thanks

    What 7750 did you get

    Sapphire visiontec etc


    Sapphire, its the only low profile one that has a good brand that is trustable.
  18. yes 300W can support 7750
  19. a1blaster said:
    yes 300W can support 7750


    I have a 250 watt
  20. 300w is very very low and i don't even know where you can buy such low PSU's at hehe. I would say buy atleast 600w with minumum 42a in the 12v section. You can also on you www.hwcompare.com and check everything you need to know about the grahic card's texel rate, pixel rate and how much W it requires
  21. Seasonic has a pile of 300 watt power supplies for low powered systems(as do many power supply makers).

    While getting a 600 watt power supply does not hurt anything(but maybe a bit of efficiency). Some users do not want to upgrade if they do not need to.

    I mean my 300 watt power supply(22amps @ 12 volts) in my 24/7 media center system just keeps on going with its i7 750 + 650 ti without any issues. It is also not like the system takes that much power. 40 watts or so at idle and 140-150 for most games 180 watts is about the most I can get it to pull at the wall.

    @ joshuabg you would have to give much more detail than 250 watts and what other hardware it is running.
  22. nukemaster said:
    Seasonic has a pile of 300 watt power supplies for low powered systems(as do many power supply makers).

    While getting a 600 watt power supply does not hurt anything(but maybe a bit of efficiency). Some users do not want to upgrade if they do not need to.

    I mean my 300 watt power supply(22amps @ 12 volts) in my 24/7 media center system just keeps on going with its i7 750 + 650 ti without any issues. It is also not like the system takes that much power. 40 watts or so at idle and 140-150 for most games 180 watts is about the most I can get it to pull at the wall.

    @ joshuabg you would have to give much more detail than 250 watts and what other hardware it is running.


    I have a dell Inspiron 620s slim tower

    I got it in late 2011

    I think it has a 250 watt psu
    Intel i5 2310
    AMD Radeon 6450
    1tb samsung hd 7200 rpm
    8gb of ddr3 ram (2 slots of 4gb)
    A writable and readable DVD drive
    A dell media ports (like USB, headphone jack, sd card)
    ports on back
    Also has some pcie slots full
    I have a tp link wireless card


    Hope this helps
  23. Can you get the specs of the sticker or take a picture of the sticker on the power supply.

    At peak a 7750 would only take 20-25 watts more. so unless you are already on the edge, your chances are quite good.
  24. nukemaster said:
    Can you get the specs of the sticker or take a picture of the sticker on the power supply.

    At peak a 7750 would only take 20-25 watts more. so unless you are already on the edge, your chances are quite good.


    i think its this one
    http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Dell-Inspiron-Identical-Compatible/dp/B002WPSS28/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386688146&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=psu+inspiron+620s+250

    Here are some more detail specs if you need them

    Summary
    Operating System
    Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 @ 2.90GHz 94 °F
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 655MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    Dell Inc. 0GDG8Y (CPU 1)
    Graphics
    DELL ST2220L (1920x1080@60Hz)
    1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6450 (Unknown) 119 °F
    Storage
    931GB SAMSUNG HD103SM ATA Device (SATA) 67 °F
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H653J ATA Device
    Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device
    Plus some pcie cards
  25. Aleksanderibsoe said:
    300w is very very low and i don't even know where you can buy such low PSU's at hehe. I would say buy atleast 600w with minumum 42a in the 12v section. You can also on you www.hwcompare.com and check everything you need to know about the grahic card's texel rate, pixel rate and how much W it requires


    Rediculous suggestion for someone running a 7750!
  26. Anonymous said:


    nukemaster said:
    Seasonic has a pile of 300 watt power supplies for low powered systems(as do many power supply makers).

    While getting a 600 watt power supply does not hurt anything(but maybe a bit of efficiency). Some users do not want to upgrade if they do not need to.

    I mean my 300 watt power supply(22amps @ 12 volts) in my 24/7 media center system just keeps on going with its i7 750 + 650 ti without any issues. It is also not like the system takes that much power. 40 watts or so at idle and 140-150 for most games 180 watts is about the most I can get it to pull at the wall.

    @ joshuabg you would have to give much more detail than 250 watts and what other hardware it is running.


    I have a dell Inspiron 620s slim tower

    I got it in late 2011

    I think it has a 250 watt psu
    Intel i5 2310
    AMD Radeon 6450
    1tb samsung hd 7200 rpm
    8gb of ddr3 ram (2 slots of 4gb)
    A writable and readable DVD drive
    A dell media ports (like USB, headphone jack, sd card)
    ports on back
    Also has some pcie slots full
    I have a tp link wireless card


    Hope this helps



    Hi - You would need to furnish the +12v amps from the PSU as nuke suggested, to determine if the 250 in the PC is sufficient. Yes, a decent quality 300w PSU will run that system with a 7750 comfortably. That PSU is not a std
    ATX (as you probably can tell from the slim case), but a TFX size. There are several decent TFX 300-350w PSU's avail from ~ $28 - $62 if you feel you want to upgrade anyway.

    I don't believe there are any decent TFX form factor PSU's currently available greater than 350w.
    ha
  27. toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    nukemaster said:
    Seasonic has a pile of 300 watt power supplies for low powered systems(as do many power supply makers).

    While getting a 600 watt power supply does not hurt anything(but maybe a bit of efficiency). Some users do not want to upgrade if they do not need to.

    I mean my 300 watt power supply(22amps @ 12 volts) in my 24/7 media center system just keeps on going with its i7 750 + 650 ti without any issues. It is also not like the system takes that much power. 40 watts or so at idle and 140-150 for most games 180 watts is about the most I can get it to pull at the wall.

    @ joshuabg you would have to give much more detail than 250 watts and what other hardware it is running.


    I have a dell Inspiron 620s slim tower

    I got it in late 2011

    I think it has a 250 watt psu
    Intel i5 2310
    AMD Radeon 6450
    1tb samsung hd 7200 rpm
    8gb of ddr3 ram (2 slots of 4gb)
    A writable and readable DVD drive
    A dell media ports (like USB, headphone jack, sd card)
    ports on back
    Also has some pcie slots full
    I have a tp link wireless card


    Hope this helps



    Hi - You would need to furnish the +12v amps from the PSU as nuke suggested, to determine if the 250 in the PC is sufficient. Yes, a decent quality 300w PSU will run that system with a 7750 comfortably. That PSU is not a std
    ATX (as you probably can tell from the slim case), but a TFX size. There are several decent TFX 300-350w PSU's avail from ~ $28 - $62 if you feel you want to upgrade anyway.

    I don't believe there are any decent TFX form factor PSU's currently available greater than 350w.
    ha


    Can you give me some links to good psus that fit my system
    It would be easier for me to get them if they are on amazon
  28. Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    nukemaster said:
    Seasonic has a pile of 300 watt power supplies for low powered systems(as do many power supply makers).

    While getting a 600 watt power supply does not hurt anything(but maybe a bit of efficiency). Some users do not want to upgrade if they do not need to.

    I mean my 300 watt power supply(22amps @ 12 volts) in my 24/7 media center system just keeps on going with its i7 750 + 650 ti without any issues. It is also not like the system takes that much power. 40 watts or so at idle and 140-150 for most games 180 watts is about the most I can get it to pull at the wall.

    @ joshuabg you would have to give much more detail than 250 watts and what other hardware it is running.


    I have a dell Inspiron 620s slim tower

    I got it in late 2011

    I think it has a 250 watt psu
    Intel i5 2310
    AMD Radeon 6450
    1tb samsung hd 7200 rpm
    8gb of ddr3 ram (2 slots of 4gb)
    A writable and readable DVD drive
    A dell media ports (like USB, headphone jack, sd card)
    ports on back
    Also has some pcie slots full
    I have a tp link wireless card


    Hope this helps



    Hi - You would need to furnish the +12v amps from the PSU as nuke suggested, to determine if the 250 in the PC is sufficient. Yes, a decent quality 300w PSU will run that system with a 7750 comfortably. That PSU is not a std
    ATX (as you probably can tell from the slim case), but a TFX size. There are several decent TFX 300-350w PSU's avail from ~ $28 - $62 if you feel you want to upgrade anyway.

    I don't believe there are any decent TFX form factor PSU's currently available greater than 350w.
    ha


    Can you give me some links to good psus that fit my system
    It would be easier for me to get them if they are on amazon


    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/amazon/fsp-group-power-supply-fsp30060ght

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/seasonic-power-supply-ss300tfxbronze - not avail on Amazon

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/amazon/fsp-group-power-supply-fsp30060sgv - Amazon lowest price avail

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/amazon/seasonic-power-supply-ss300tgw

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/seasonic-power-supply-ss350tgmretail - not avail on Amazon

    Any of these would be a nice upgrade.
  29. Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.
  30. toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.


    What would happen if i put a new 7750 in and it over loads my psu
    Just want to know worst case scenario
    I sometimes max out my computer
    I can have a server and a heavy game running and the sametime
    disk and cpu is at 100%
  31. Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.


    What would happen if i put a new 7750 in and it over loads my psu
    Just want to know worst case scenario
    I sometimes max out my computer
    I can have a server and a heavy game running and the sametime
    disk and cpu is at 100%


    Hi - Dell usually provides decent (albeit low power) PSU's in their systems, so if the PSU were to become
    too stressed it should shut down with no damage to your system.

    However, now that I see you multitask & game simultaneously, you should upgrade the PSU if you can afford to do so.
  32. toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.


    What would happen if i put a new 7750 in and it over loads my psu
    Just want to know worst case scenario
    I sometimes max out my computer
    I can have a server and a heavy game running and the sametime
    disk and cpu is at 100%


    Hi - Dell usually provides decent (albeit low power) PSU's in their systems, so if the PSU were to become
    too stressed it should shut down with no damage to your system.

    However, now that I see you multitask & game simultaneously, you should upgrade the PSU if you can afford to do so.


    So i can can get the 7750 and it will draw about 20 watts more
    and get a 300 watt power supply to be safe

    can someone pick out a good psu and 7750 for under $140
  33. Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.


    What would happen if i put a new 7750 in and it over loads my psu
    Just want to know worst case scenario
    I sometimes max out my computer
    I can have a server and a heavy game running and the sametime
    disk and cpu is at 100%


    Hi - Dell usually provides decent (albeit low power) PSU's in their systems, so if the PSU were to become
    too stressed it should shut down with no damage to your system.

    However, now that I see you multitask & game simultaneously, you should upgrade the PSU if you can afford to do so.


    So i can can get the 7750 and it will draw about 20 watts more
    and get a 300 watt power supply to be safe

    can someone pick out a good psu and 7750 for under $140



    A lot easier to do that if not restricted to Amazon:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/seasonic-power-supply-ss300tgw

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/powercolor-video-card-ax77501gbd5dh
  34. toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.


    What would happen if i put a new 7750 in and it over loads my psu
    Just want to know worst case scenario
    I sometimes max out my computer
    I can have a server and a heavy game running and the sametime
    disk and cpu is at 100%


    Hi - Dell usually provides decent (albeit low power) PSU's in their systems, so if the PSU were to become
    too stressed it should shut down with no damage to your system.

    However, now that I see you multitask & game simultaneously, you should upgrade the PSU if you can afford to do so.


    So i can can get the 7750 and it will draw about 20 watts more
    and get a 300 watt power supply to be safe

    can someone pick out a good psu and 7750 for under $140



    A lot easier to do that if not restricted to Amazon:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/seasonic-power-supply-ss300tgw

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/powercolor-video-card-ax77501gbd5dh



    OK is that graphics card low profile and fit into my slim tower case?

    I'm fine with ordering from new egg if shipping isn't to high
  35. Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:
    toyftw said:
    Anonymous said:


    Personally, I think your sys will run a 7750 with your 250psu, but if you do upgrade,
    I would choose Seasonic vs FSP.


    What would happen if i put a new 7750 in and it over loads my psu
    Just want to know worst case scenario
    I sometimes max out my computer
    I can have a server and a heavy game running and the sametime
    disk and cpu is at 100%


    Hi - Dell usually provides decent (albeit low power) PSU's in their systems, so if the PSU were to become
    too stressed it should shut down with no damage to your system.

    However, now that I see you multitask & game simultaneously, you should upgrade the PSU if you can afford to do so.


    So i can can get the 7750 and it will draw about 20 watts more
    and get a 300 watt power supply to be safe

    can someone pick out a good psu and 7750 for under $140



    A lot easier to do that if not restricted to Amazon:

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/seasonic-power-supply-ss300tgw

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/powercolor-video-card-ax77501gbd5dh



    OK is that graphics card low profile and fit into my slim tower case?

    I'm fine with ordering from new egg if shipping isn't to high


    Oops - forgot the LP, will run approx $8 more:
    The only LP that will keep the pair under $140 is out of stock:

    You might check with them on in stock,

    http://pcpartpicker.com/mr/newegg/sapphire-video-card-100357lp

    Prices jump considerably after this.

    Avail at Amazon - but pricey:

    http://www.amazon.com/Sapphire-100357LP-128-bit-Express-Profile/dp/B0095MRLJ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386699470&sr=8-1&keywords=radeon+hd+7750+low+profile
  36. I happily ran a HD7750 for a year in my old system - Q8200, 4 GB (4x1GB) DDR2 ram, DVDrw, SDD, HDD and with an external USB 3.0 HDD powered by a PCIe card - all in a Dell 545s studio slim with it's 300W PSU. Recently upgraded to an XPS 8500 so machine has been relegated to light duties from the gaming I used it for. So given as the i3 is a much lower-powered CPU than the 95w Q8200 I think you'll be fine.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Intel Graphics Cards CPUs AMD 300w Computers GDDR5 Sapphire Graphics GPUs Hewlett Packard Christmas