Solved

Cheapest Graphics Card to run BF4 On Ultra @ ~60 FPS?

I'm looking to build a new PC soon, and I am having trouble deciding on which graphics card to get. I want to be able to run games like BF4 on ultra settings at around 60 FPS, mostly just so that the computer will last quite a few years with all of the new next gen releases, and I was either thinking of something along the lines of a GTX 660 Ti, GTX 670, GTX 770, Radeon HD 7950, Radeon HD 7970, Radeon R9 280X, or Radeon R9 290 (but that's a bit too pricey for me right now.) Also if you think running some less expensive cards in SLI/Crossfire would be better please let me know. I would also appreciate some CPU recommendations to go along with the cards if you have them! thanks!
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cheapest graphics card run bf4 ultra fps
  1. I definitely think that the R9 280X is the way to go.

    It will give you the best performance in it's class right now for around 300 bucks, and you will definitely be able to hit Ultra settings on BF4 at 60FPS.
  2. The 280 is a great card but if you can afford it and want ok frames go with a 650 ti or a radeon 7770.
  3. 280x is the best in the bunch for BF4, the 7970 is good too if you can get it for a good deal. Check holiday specials.
    What is your cpu?

    The 290 would take you farther into the future, wait for after market cooling though.
  4. 7770 is way below the R9-280x and has no chance.

    A 7950 o/c to >1000MHz (easy) will just do it, with a few dips below 60fps and only 2xMSAA or better still, no MSAA. I've tried it. You can get them for around $200 US. 7970 (or equivalent R9-280x) would be better.
  5. Also if you think running some less expensive cards in SLI/Crossfire would be better please let me know. I would also appreciate some CPU recommendations to go along with the cards if you have them! thanks!

    This is what The man said lol above so I do actually have a dual 7770 config pc it runs almost as well as my 7950 and no lag no stutter .. this is why I mention this but offcourse one more powerful card is better then 2.
  6. My 280x is giving about 105fps playing bf4 on ultra on a 1080p 42 inch plasma tv!
  7. Superlp12 said:
    My 280x is giving about 105fps playing bf4 on ultra on a 1080p 42 inch plasma tv!


    Really????? That's awesome!
  8. Embra said:
    280x is the best in the bunch for BF4, the 7970 is good too if you can get it for a good deal. Check holiday specials.
    What is your cpu?

    The 290 would take you farther into the future, wait for after market cooling though.



    Yeah that was what I was thinking, I really don't care too much about graphics just as long as it has a smooth framerate and will last for a while into the future its fine for me. For a CPU I wasn't sure yet, maybe either the AMD FX-6350 3.9GHz 6-Core CPU or the AMD Athlon II X4 760K CPU. I had an intel option but the price was around $200 and that brings the build over what I would like it to cost. Any suggestions there?
  9. apcs13 said:
    I'm looking to build a new PC soon, and I am having trouble deciding on which graphics card to get. I want to be able to run games like BF4 on ultra settings at around 60 FPS, mostly just so that the computer will last quite a few years with all of the new next gen releases, and I was either thinking of something along the lines of a GTX 660 Ti, GTX 670, GTX 770, Radeon HD 7950, Radeon HD 7970, Radeon R9 280X, or Radeon R9 290 (but that's a bit too pricey for me right now.) Also if you think running some less expensive cards in SLI/Crossfire would be better please let me know. I would also appreciate some CPU recommendations to go along with the cards if you have them! thanks!


    What resolution are you going to be playing at?
  10. Tjster123 said:
    apcs13 said:
    I'm looking to build a new PC soon, and I am having trouble deciding on which graphics card to get. I want to be able to run games like BF4 on ultra settings at around 60 FPS, mostly just so that the computer will last quite a few years with all of the new next gen releases, and I was either thinking of something along the lines of a GTX 660 Ti, GTX 670, GTX 770, Radeon HD 7950, Radeon HD 7970, Radeon R9 280X, or Radeon R9 290 (but that's a bit too pricey for me right now.) Also if you think running some less expensive cards in SLI/Crossfire would be better please let me know. I would also appreciate some CPU recommendations to go along with the cards if you have them! thanks!


    What resolution are you going to be playing at?


    1080p. I have a monitor that can do it so might as well go for it right?
  11. Best answer
    apcs13 said:
    Tjster123 said:
    apcs13 said:
    I'm looking to build a new PC soon, and I am having trouble deciding on which graphics card to get. I want to be able to run games like BF4 on ultra settings at around 60 FPS, mostly just so that the computer will last quite a few years with all of the new next gen releases, and I was either thinking of something along the lines of a GTX 660 Ti, GTX 670, GTX 770, Radeon HD 7950, Radeon HD 7970, Radeon R9 280X, or Radeon R9 290 (but that's a bit too pricey for me right now.) Also if you think running some less expensive cards in SLI/Crossfire would be better please let me know. I would also appreciate some CPU recommendations to go along with the cards if you have them! thanks!


    What resolution are you going to be playing at?


    1080p. I have a monitor that can do it so might as well go for it right?

    I definitely recommend getting the r9 280x with an fx 6300. Mother board surgestion: asus m5a97 evo r2.0 :)
  12. Tjster123 said:
    apcs13 said:
    Tjster123 said:
    apcs13 said:
    I'm looking to build a new PC soon, and I am having trouble deciding on which graphics card to get. I want to be able to run games like BF4 on ultra settings at around 60 FPS, mostly just so that the computer will last quite a few years with all of the new next gen releases, and I was either thinking of something along the lines of a GTX 660 Ti, GTX 670, GTX 770, Radeon HD 7950, Radeon HD 7970, Radeon R9 280X, or Radeon R9 290 (but that's a bit too pricey for me right now.) Also if you think running some less expensive cards in SLI/Crossfire would be better please let me know. I would also appreciate some CPU recommendations to go along with the cards if you have them! thanks!


    What resolution are you going to be playing at?


    1080p. I have a monitor that can do it so might as well go for it right?

    I definitely recommend getting the r9 280x with an fx 6300. Mother board surgestion: asus m5a97 evo r2.0 :)


    Awesome! thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Best Graphics Card for money Graphics card & cpu Nvidia AMD Geforce Graphics Best Graphics Card Graphics Cards Radeon