I recently upgraded my ram to a 16 gb (2x8gb) kit from G.Skill and can't get it to run at its advertised speed, which is 1866mhz. I can load xmp profile 1 and have it running at 1600. I previously had a Ripjaws X 2x2gb kit running successfully at 2133 mhz @ 1.6v on this mobo and it was stable since I got it in 2011.
My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 Rev 1.0 running on F7 (newest) firmware. I have an i7-2600k that is currently not overclocked.
XMP profile #1 loads fine but #2 fails. I've tried manually setting the timings in the bios but that also fails. Not sure if I am doing it wrong, though.
The new ram in question is Ripjaws X F3-1866C9-8GXM. One odd thing I've noticed is that cpu-z is reporting the xmp-1866 timing as 9-11-9-29 while the packaging has it listed as 9-10-9-28. Not sure if this indicates a problem. I've tried manually setting both speeds at 1.5v.
More about :skill ram run advertised speed p67 mobo
Try them at 1.55v, and bump VCCIO up .1V and see if that fixes things. Use the 9-11-9-29 timings first and try the others if youy get it stable (there will be very little difference between the two timings)
its not common, but sometimes there is a leader and follower stick (for lack of a technical term), I'm sure they only test them in one order and if it works they ship them. Glad that actually fixed it for you guess I earned my Solution anyway lol