Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

New cpu cooler suggestions

Tags:
  • Cooling
  • CPUs
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Share
November 23, 2013 5:04:13 AM

Hi everyone,

Since I built my new desktop a few months ago I have noticed a strange fan spinning sound coming from it every now and then at random times. Today, after taking my GPU out of it, I have come to a conclusion that it has to be my stock Intel CPU cooler.

So I was wondering what everyones suggestions on a new CPU cooler would be. Any suggestions are welcome.

P.S. these components have been in two separate PC cases so it cant be the cases' fans just to clear that up.

I was also looking at the Cooler Master V6GT and the Corsair Hydro series .

More about : cpu cooler suggestions

Best solution

a b à CPUs
November 23, 2013 5:07:08 AM

The Hype r212 Evo by Cooler Master is really good, much better than the stock Intel cooler, and it's just 35$

It's the best price/performance air cooler on the market
Share
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2013 5:10:17 AM

The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is good and cheap, but its not very quiet. If you're looking for quiet CPU coolers, lookout for Noctua 's
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2013 5:12:18 AM

IRONBATMAN said:
The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is good and cheap, but its not very quiet. If you're looking for quiet CPU coolers, lookout for Noctua 's

It's stock fan keeps under 20 db at max rpm. At least for me.

m
0
l
November 23, 2013 6:01:38 AM

AwesomeFX said:
IRONBATMAN said:
The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is good and cheap, but its not very quiet. If you're looking for quiet CPU coolers, lookout for Noctua 's

It's stock fan keeps under 20 db at max rpm. At least for me.



Well I wouldn't agree, since the reason I am replacing it is because its making strange sounds D:

m
0
l
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2013 10:18:55 AM

Dean Wake said:
AwesomeFX said:
IRONBATMAN said:
The Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo is good and cheap, but its not very quiet. If you're looking for quiet CPU coolers, lookout for Noctua 's

It's stock fan keeps under 20 db at max rpm. At least for me.



Well I wouldn't agree, since the reason I am replacing it is because its making strange sounds D:



Weird, mine doesn't. Might be something from the production of the fan. Try the lubing the fan first, check tutorials
m
0
l
a c 135 à CPUs
November 23, 2013 10:21:43 AM

Budget
m
0
l
!