My 600 watts ups is not supporting 500watts gpu!!!(it's tripping on and off while playing)

Ajith Lal

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
hey guys , i need your help ! recently i brought a new gpu - ATI/amd HD 7750 GHz OC edition !
My rig is -
AMD fx 8320
6 GB of ddr3 ram (4+2)
ATI/amd HD 7750 GHz OC edition
asus M5A97 R2.0 motherboard
cooler master 600watts psu ...

well the problem is that now my ups is not supporting all together ! when ever im playing games , like crysis 3 , farcry 3 , when the electricity goes , my ups doesnt give backup power , it just go off and tune on and the pc restarts (showing that windows has accidentally shutdown) this only happened when im gaming ! otherwise , the ups works just fine ! i really dont knw what really is happening !! please help me out guys !
and thanks for helping
one more thing my ups is - Vguard slender plus 600

Solution
Hi
That UPS is 600 Va Not Watts that means it can have a loading of about 360 Watts .
Basically you are overloading the UPS,it happens in gaming as that is when your PC is drawing the most power.

gigdog

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
what you should do is get a bigger power supply because when you are gamming you are drawing all the power from it and there is not enough to run the rest of your system so it shuts down and when it restarts your game is not running any more so there is ample power to run your system and that is why it is happening so get a bigger power supply and make sure it is in watts not va any computer shop can help you out with this