Solved

7970 Clock Speed Problem

The clock speed jumps up very high then the computer crashes, I even got a red screen of death.
Any ideas ?
Picture of Gpu-z: http://gyazo.com/dd437a63969e1a258ab65727b0b0c8bf
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 7970 clock speed problem
  1. Wow those numbers make no sense... Does it do that if you install it in another system? If so you may need to RMA it.
  2. neieus said:
    Wow those numbers make no sense... Does it do that if you install it in another system? If so you may need to RMA it.


    I Got it back from a RMA last week
  3. You got the same exact card back or a different card but the same model? What about trying it in a different computer?
  4. neieus said:
    You got the same exact card back or a different card but the same model? What about trying it in a different computer?

    They sent me a new 7970, and I put it in my brother computer And fired up BF4 and it is running fine
  5. That only leaves your motherboard or power supply as possible causes. I would swap Persepolis first since that's easier.
  6. Best answer
    Durant said:
    neieus said:
    You got the same exact card back or a different card but the same model? What about trying it in a different computer?

    They sent me a new 7970, and I put it in my brother computer And fired up BF4 and it is running fine


    SOMETIMES... I my 7970 randomly has a jump in voltage to max(1594Mv). It happens if I have my PC running for days, or if one of my OCing programs conflict with other applications. I'd say remove your OCing apps then download the Beta 9.4 drivers for the R9 Series and see if that fixes your probs.
  7. "SOMETIMES... I my 7970 randomly has a jump in voltage to max(1594Mv). It happens if I have my PC running for days, or if one of my OCing programs conflict with other applications. I'd say remove your OCing apps then download the Beta 9.4 drivers for the R9 Series and see if that fixes your probs."
    Thank you, I will try that out
  8. Durant said:

    "SOMETIMES... I my 7970 randomly has a jump in voltage to max(1594Mv). It happens if I have my PC running for days, or if one of my OCing programs conflict with other applications. I'd say remove your OCing apps then download the Beta 9.4 drivers for the R9 Series and see if that fixes your probs."
    Thank you, I will try that out


    Hope it works!
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Graphics Cards Computers AMD ATI Graphics Speed 7970 Radeon