Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

what's a good cpu (intel or amd) for video rendering and gaming

Last response: in CPUs
Share
November 23, 2013 5:17:44 PM

been wondering if i should buy an intel or amd
prossecor for video rendering and gaming
November 23, 2013 5:20:25 PM

Do you have a budget in mind? Would also help to know your current motherboard.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
a c 82 à CPUs
a b À AMD
November 23, 2013 5:35:17 PM

depends which specific processor you are talking about. a $900 6 core intel would be best, but obviously very expensive. they both make good processors, intel i5's are a bit better for gaming than amd's fx 83xx series, and cost about the same.
m
0
l
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
a b à CPUs
November 23, 2013 6:11:32 PM

chibiturasu said:
been wondering if i should buy an intel or amd
prossecor for video rendering and gaming


The i5-3350p is one of the best CPUs for gaming, for your money. If you plan to overclock, then get the i5-3570k.

If you're on a budget, go with an FX-6300.

This guide hopefully will answer any questions you may have.

DonQuixoteMC
m
0
l

Best solution

a c 159 à CPUs
a b À AMD
November 23, 2013 6:17:15 PM

I'm more than happy with my FX-8320. It renders and plays games beautiful, but the best part is that it costs nearly half of an i7 and it's unlocked, you don't have to pay more to overclock like you do with intel processors.

If you do video rendering for a living, go with the i7. It will save you time in the long run.

If you can afford to wait a little bit longer for the rendering, get an FX. Gaming performance is the same as it mostly depends on the GPU these days anyway, plus it has 8 physical cores which will no doubt come in handy when AMD release their Mantle API. It's the same as 3Dfx Glide but with CPU support in mind as well.
Share
a c 555 4 Gaming
a c 535 à CPUs
a c 228 å Intel
a c 250 À AMD
November 23, 2013 6:25:10 PM

bouncedk said:
I'm more than happy with my FX-8320. It renders and plays games beautiful, but the best part is that it costs nearly half of an i7 and it's unlocked, you don't have to pay more to overclock like you do with intel processors.

If you do video rendering for a living, go with the i7. It will save you time in the long run.
If you can afford to wait a little bit longer for the rendering, get an FX. Gaming performance is the same as it mostly depends on the GPU these days anyway, plus it has 8 physical cores which will no doubt come in handy when AMD release their Mantle API. It's the same as 3Dfx Glide but with CPU support in mind as well.

________________________
+1

Strictly gaming, then an i5, but with the combo of gaming and rendering an i7 (4770, 4770K, 3770K ) is worth it if you do a lot of rendering and if the budget allows for it, if not then go to the 8350 or 8320, both are very good at rendering and more than sufficient for gaming

m
0
l
November 23, 2013 6:46:30 PM

I hear intel CPUs are more effecient and powerful in certain tasks. My best bet is go with Intel, they are more expensive but its a good investment
m
0
l
November 23, 2013 9:33:11 PM

MinusAdd said:
Do you have a budget in mind? Would also help to know your current motherboard.


budget is 3-4k and currently im using a laptop XD
probbaly should of included that
m
0
l
November 24, 2013 8:20:24 AM

chibiturasu said:
MinusAdd said:
Do you have a budget in mind? Would also help to know your current motherboard.


budget is 3-4k and currently im using a laptop XD
probbaly should of included that


wait are you spending 3-4k on the laptop or using that money to buy parts for a new computer?
m
0
l
!