i5 3470 with gtx 760 vs fx 8320 with gtx 760 ,which pair gives better perfomance?

NanduBk

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Hello Guyz :)
i'm going to build a gaming pc so i want to know which cpu is better for gaming.fx 8320 or i5 3470,i5 3450.i heard lot of comments about both cpu.i thought amd is better for gaming.But after watch and analyze the benchmark result i5 gives better perfomance,then is fx 8320 worthless?.so i'm confused :??:,so guyz plz help me.im also going to buy a gtx 760.Plz give me right answer,which pair will give better perfomance?

i wish to play Ac4, Ac3 & gta v

Solution
The i5 is better for gaming.
It only uses 4 threads where as the fx uses 8 I believe. This means each thread is less powerful on the fx than the i5
Games use a maximum of 4 threads (with few exceptions) so the i5 will be fully used where as the fx will only be able to offer half it's performance.

The are other factors that go into it, such as mobo choice and cost but that is the barebones explanation

Barney6262

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
The i5 is better for gaming.
It only uses 4 threads where as the fx uses 8 I believe. This means each thread is less powerful on the fx than the i5
Games use a maximum of 4 threads (with few exceptions) so the i5 will be fully used where as the fx will only be able to offer half it's performance.

The are other factors that go into it, such as mobo choice and cost but that is the barebones explanation

Solution
Oct 10, 2013
hope this doesnt spring another comment war...

yeah for gaming intel has much more powerful cores, meaning the 4 cores of intel will beat the 8 of the FX, but if you do alot of multitasking, like having tons of windows open, the FX might prove to be a better option.

G

Both your choices will game very well but the i5 is a bit better.The 8320 is better for multitasking(running several programs at the same time) At 1080p there is no noticeable difference between them. Either will give you a good gaming experience.

arrpee