I recently purchased a new PSU and graphics card to upgrade my dated PC. I plugged everything in correctly, and when I start the PC I get the beep and all the lights inside are green. However I was using a VGA connection on my old GPU to connect my machine to my TV. Unfortunately my new card (a GTX 760) doesn't have a VGA connection, so I have been trying HDMI. Now HDMI works on the TV with my Playstation 3 so I was assuming it would work for the PC. That seems not to be the case. When booting I get no image on screen and get the message "no input detected". The PC is working, it's just the display I am having issues with.
My PC spec is:
1TB Hard drive
750 watts Corsair Builder PSU
Asus GTX 760 direct CUII
AMD FX 4170 (soon to be an FX 6300)
I have tried a few things so far:
1) swapped HDMI cable - this made no difference.
2) swapped HDMI socket on TV - this made no difference.
3) removed graphics card and tried the HDMI socket on the motherboard - this didn't work.
4) removed graphics card and tried the VGA on the motherboard - this worked!
5) plugged my old graphics card in and tried HDMI - this didn't work.
So now I have a DVI-I adapter on order so that hopefully I can connect the VGA cable to this and plug it into the new graphics card.
Do you think this will work? If not do you have any other suggestions? The only things I have changed are the PSU and the GPU, and the PC works without the GPU so the PSU must be installed correctly. It sounds like it's the HDMI that doesn't want to work.
Before anyone asks I have been switching it over to HDMI on my TV - still doesn't work.