Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

AMD FX8350 vs Intel i5-3570k I want the hard truth. Video Rendering and Multi-tasking.

Last response: in Components
Share
November 26, 2013 3:17:04 AM

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor + Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler + Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z ATX AM3+ Motherboard + Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory + Asus Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card...... VS ...... Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor + Corsair H90 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler + Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard + Corsair XMS 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory + Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 3GB Video Card...... Don't talk about budgets issues, I want to know more about the hardware and I would like to hear it from someone who has actually used both configurations. And if there are other suggestions, I would like to hear them too.
November 26, 2013 3:33:16 AM

You realize there are probable a hundred threads on this exact same subject, did you search the forums?

This is a very much dead pony that just continues to get a beating.
m
0
l
November 26, 2013 3:43:49 AM

I am using fx 8350. I had two options 4670k or fx 8350. But without a doubt fx 8350 is better than 3570k is better in video rendering as it has more cache and it surely has advantage for multitasking as it has 8 cores. But for gaming - in most games 3750k outperforms fx 8350, except in those games which use 8 cores. And fx 8350 has better overclocking limit (5-5.1 Ghz) than 3570k. But 3570k is more power consuming and will also not be a bad option.
It still depends on what you wan't.
3570k pros : Stronger single core performance,
will be better in games which use 2-4 cores.
power consuming.
fx 8350 pros: has 8 cores.
more cache.
better in games which use 8 cores ( could be also future proof for gaming).
can be better overclocked well.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 26, 2013 3:52:20 AM

Novuake said:
You realize there are probable a hundred threads on this exact same subject, did you search the forums?

This is a very much dead pony that just continues to get a beating.


I searched and all I found was the warfare between AMD and Intel brands.
m
0
l
November 26, 2013 3:55:19 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
I am using fx 8350. I had two options 4670k or fx 8350. But without a doubt fx 8350 is better than 3570k is better in video rendering as it has more cache and it surely has advantage for multitasking as it has 8 cores. But for gaming - in most games 3750k outperforms fx 8350, except in those games which use 8 cores. And fx 8350 has better overclocking limit (5-5.1 Ghz) than 3570k. But 3570k is more power consuming and will also not be a bad option.
It still depends on what you wan't.
3570k pros : Stronger single core performance,
will be better in games which use 2-4 cores.
power consuming.
fx 8350 pros: has 8 cores.
more cache.
better in games which use 8 cores ( could be also future proof for gaming).
can be better overclocked well.


What would you say about the latest FX CPU? Is it worth the price? And what components would you advice?
m
0
l

Best solution

November 26, 2013 4:06:21 AM

JC Empire said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
I am using fx 8350. I had two options 4670k or fx 8350. But without a doubt fx 8350 is better than 3570k is better in video rendering as it has more cache and it surely has advantage for multitasking as it has 8 cores. But for gaming - in most games 3750k outperforms fx 8350, except in those games which use 8 cores. And fx 8350 has better overclocking limit (5-5.1 Ghz) than 3570k. But 3570k is more power consuming and will also not be a bad option.
It still depends on what you wan't.
3570k pros : Stronger single core performance,
will be better in games which use 2-4 cores.
power consuming.
fx 8350 pros: has 8 cores.
more cache.
better in games which use 8 cores ( could be also future proof for gaming).
can be better overclocked well.


What would you say about the latest FX CPU? Is it worth the price?


I guess, by latest fx cpus you mean the fx 9370 and fx 9590. fx 9370 is just like an overclocked fx 8350 (probably only a bit stonger). And without a doubt fx 9590 is an overclocked version of 9370. But they use 220W power. Thats too much and will affect your yearly electricity bills, so I think don't try for fx 9xxx series but try for fx 8350 or 3570k, and overclock them till your will.
Share
November 26, 2013 4:15:30 AM

St0rm_KILL3r said:
JC Empire said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
I am using fx 8350. I had two options 4670k or fx 8350. But without a doubt fx 8350 is better than 3570k is better in video rendering as it has more cache and it surely has advantage for multitasking as it has 8 cores. But for gaming - in most games 3750k outperforms fx 8350, except in those games which use 8 cores. And fx 8350 has better overclocking limit (5-5.1 Ghz) than 3570k. But 3570k is more power consuming and will also not be a bad option.
It still depends on what you wan't.
3570k pros : Stronger single core performance,
will be better in games which use 2-4 cores.
power consuming.
fx 8350 pros: has 8 cores.
more cache.
better in games which use 8 cores ( could be also future proof for gaming).
can be better overclocked well.


What would you say about the latest FX CPU? Is it worth the price?


I guess, by latest fx cpus you mean the fx 9370 and fx 9590. fx 9370 is just like an overclocked fx 8350 (probably only a bit stonger). And without a doubt fx 9590 is an overclocked version of 9370. But they use 220W power. Thats too much and will affect your yearly electricity bills, so I think don't try for fx 9xxx series but try for fx 8350 or 3570k, and overclock them till your will.


Thanks for making things clear.
m
0
l
November 26, 2013 4:24:29 AM

JC Empire said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
JC Empire said:
St0rm_KILL3r said:
I am using fx 8350. I had two options 4670k or fx 8350. But without a doubt fx 8350 is better than 3570k is better in video rendering as it has more cache and it surely has advantage for multitasking as it has 8 cores. But for gaming - in most games 3750k outperforms fx 8350, except in those games which use 8 cores. And fx 8350 has better overclocking limit (5-5.1 Ghz) than 3570k. But 3570k is more power consuming and will also not be a bad option.
It still depends on what you wan't.
3570k pros : Stronger single core performance,
will be better in games which use 2-4 cores.
power consuming.
fx 8350 pros: has 8 cores.
more cache.
better in games which use 8 cores ( could be also future proof for gaming).
can be better overclocked well.


What would you say about the latest FX CPU? Is it worth the price?


I guess, by latest fx cpus you mean the fx 9370 and fx 9590. fx 9370 is just like an overclocked fx 8350 (probably only a bit stonger). And without a doubt fx 9590 is an overclocked version of 9370. But they use 220W power. Thats too much and will affect your yearly electricity bills, so I think don't try for fx 9xxx series but try for fx 8350 or 3570k, and overclock them till your will.


Thanks for making things clear.


I am glad this thread was ended too soon, usually these kinda discussions go on for a while, including few debates..
m
0
l
!